上一主题:Question regarding synthetic position with future constract
下一主题:GIPS - Those nagging questions!
返回列表 发帖

do i need college textbooks as reference for level 1?

hi all,
i’m thinking of taking the test, but i come from a science background w/ no training in econ or finance.
given that, i hear that elan ultimate prep w/ cfai books are enough for me to learn everything that i didn’t learn as a college student. is this true?
or do i really need college textbooks as reference? or is it recommended?
any college textbooks that you feel is a great reference to have? much thanks!

Hi, you don’t need “college textbooks” for any of the exams…all the material that is required  and is thoroughly explained  is provided in the CFA institute textbooks that are part of the exam registration fee.
Just sign up for the exam, and if you’ll have all the information you need….Most people don’t even read the CFAI books because they are overdetailed…Elan/Schweser or other providers give you condensed version of each subject….
Good luck, and have fun…. ha

You definitely font need any more “textbooks”. The CFA books are very thorough and Elan’s Pack is great. Good luck

I do not think you need college textbooks unless you’re extremely new to Finance.
But CFA Institute books are good enough as a college textbook to guide you through. If you still can’t get the hang of it then I guess college textbooks could help you understand better.

Schweser has a book that goes over the background knowledge that you need to understand the material in the CFA curriculum. That may help if you have no background at all.

返回列表
上一主题:Question regarding synthetic position with future constract
下一主题:GIPS - Those nagging questions!