返回列表 发帖

SchweserNotes benefits?

Hi there, I just enrolled in the CFA Level I program. I carefully read what it said in the beginning of the textbook, which is that the only material on the exam will be from the textbook. What I am doing is going line by line and summarizing everything that I think is important. My question: do I need Schweser notes as well if I am doing the summarizing myself? My understanding is that Schweser notes try to answer each LOS statement by summarizing what is in the CFA text. Please tell me if anyone only used CFA textbooks or if you think Schweser will help me to succeed on the exam?
Thank you All!

If you’re studying for June, Schweser/Stalla will help you’re review immensely. The CFA texts were pretty drawn out when I went through them, so it was difficult to retain much. Considering the time frame you have (two months), notes are infinitely better.
Summarizing yourself is fine, but it takes precious time that you don’t have much of.
(If you’re writing in December then that’s fine).

I’m taking my own notes as I go along and I find it very helpful for retaining concepts and to refer to when I need a quick refresher. This is my second review of the material and I’m actually taking my notes from Schweser and then answering the concept checkers in Schweser and the practise problems in the CFAI text. I spent my first review reading the CFAI text.
But I agree with sbmarti2, if you’re taking the exam in December that’s fine. However, if you’re taking it in June you might find your time better spent answering questions. You should definitely get a question database such as Passmaster or QBANK.

返回列表