上一主题:DFW 5 day Schweser review
下一主题:FSA: If the subsidiary has a liability exposure on its balan
返回列表 发帖

Ethics Q from Schweser

John Johnson, portfolio manager at Sunshine Investments, has passed all three levels of the CFA? Program and has completed his work experience requirements. He expects to receive his charter in the near future. He includes the following statement in his firm’s brochure: “Johnson has passed all three levels of the exam and has completed the required work experience for the CFA Charter. He is eligible for the CFA Charter and expects to receive the charter in the near future. Over the years, he has demonstrated a superior performance and his CFA Charter will be rightfully awarded.” Johnson has:
A) violated CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct because he advertised the CFA Charter before actually obtaining it.
B) violated CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct because he implied superior performance that would be linked to the CFA Charter.
C) not violated CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct because he met all disclosure requirements.

i think its B but such kind of opinions are bound to make even the simplest ethics questions tougher n tougher….god help me!

Answer is B .Bt can anyone expalin why not A as he is using the Charter designation even before obtaining it

The exact reason according to the SPH; he violates Standard I(A): Knowledge of the Law and Standard VII(B): Reference to CFA Institute, the CFA Designation, and the CFA Program.

B
Not A because all that it states that he is eligible for the CFA charter

Answer is B
Not A because all that it states that he is eligible for the CFA charter

返回列表
上一主题:DFW 5 day Schweser review
下一主题:FSA: If the subsidiary has a liability exposure on its balan