上一主题:Why Option Adjusted Spread and not Z Spread for MBS and ABS
下一主题:shortfall risk and VAR
返回列表 发帖

Did you start to study L2 after Dec.L1 exam?

Are there many people who, like me, has just took the December L1 exam and already studying L2? How is it going? Where are you now?

Is there anybody who decided to wait till the release of results on 25th of Jan and why are you still waiting if so?

I read through Quant once and hope to do a first read through on Econ and possibly even further. I walked out of the exam extremely confident, but it is still hard to build L2 momentum without the confirmation of the pass.

I searched the forum and there were different opinions about this, so I took the one that I liked: do not waste time 'cause it is a "Red Dragon" and study the sessions that kinda overlap. I ordered Schweser in advance (since I don't have level 2 CFA textbooks yet) and I'm now at the end of Fixed Income. Derivatives will be the next topic and by that time the results will be ready.

I been watching all the free videos from the trial Schweser gave out (ethics, quant and econ). So far they are pretty helpful and clears up some stuff that I did not get from reading the Schweser notes. I highly recommend you watch them all before the limited offer runs out. The topics in Econ and Quant methods was covered extensively in my undergrad so most were pretty easy to understand but I might do a second review before Jan 25. I think you should try to get quant and econ out before mid January as it is very possible to do.

As for me I've already read Quant and readily skip Ethics. I almost didn't have any background in Quant and found the topic quite challenging even in comparison with the "test hypothesis" the hardest topic of L1.

I hope to read Econ and half of FRA till 25Jan - try to do my best on winter holidays.

So what are you going to do with those brand new L2 books from Schweser if it turns out you failed L1?

I am going to use my knowledge!
I study not only for marks but for myself: use it in my work + I manage my own portfolio.
So the more I know the safer my money
And by the way I am quite confident about my exam score.

返回列表
上一主题:Why Option Adjusted Spread and not Z Spread for MBS and ABS
下一主题:shortfall risk and VAR