上一主题:Taking Level 2 in China
下一主题:You get this one?
返回列表 发帖
Last year I did not do well in the morning section and did not score >70 in any of the section and failed the exam despite doing reasonably okay in the afternoon (>70 in 40% of the section and 5% in <50).
Looking at the 2010 answer sheet, I noted that I had all correct answer for Q5 (Corner portfolio) but my score was still in the 50-70 range. This question was mostly to show calculation and still my score was 50-70 bucket. I am wondering what will it takes to pass the Level 3 so that I do not want to repeat my last year misery.

Hi bills -- How did you get the 2010 test??

The question I referred is from morning exam, available on CFA website

1. State the formula you are using
2. State what the inputs you are using
3. Show the end result of the calculation

If there is a 8-10 point question, the final answer might be worth 3-4 points, but using the right formula and using the right inputs might be the other 6-7 points. If you get the question right, you get the full marks regardless from my understanding. However, lets say you didn't show any work and you made a typo in your calculator and got the question wrong, you get zero points.

Maybe there was a question you simply didn't show enough work and didn't get the full grades because you made a mistake?

NPV on 2008 and 2010 - gamblers fallacy tells me that the answer will not be calculated by NPV

thepinkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does showing calculator inputs count as showing
> your work? For example:
>
> PV= 100
> FV=0
> T= 5
> I = 10%

Yes look at Exam for 2010 or 2008.

返回列表
上一主题:Taking Level 2 in China