上一主题:Corporate Governance - Quiz 2
下一主题:Ending inventory
返回列表 发帖

Public domain

when do I know that I can put information from other places without quoting and not be plagiarizing?

I mean when does a source becomes public domain (like S & P 500), I am just saying because I got a question where a person was posting info from central banks and the answer was that he was in violation (misrepresentation). I tough info posted in central banks were public domain....

from what I have read, only S&P data has come up in questions and that does not need to be disclosed. misrepresentation is falsely stating someone else's work as your own, public domain or not. public domain just means there are no copyright laws attached to the information, you still cannot submit it to clients making it seem like it is yours.

Central banks put out all kinds of academic research, memos, confidential information, the very juiciest kind of material non-public info, etc.

Ok.... so just to be in the safe side, if its not S&P or any of the big indexes it has to be disclosed??

What sort of information was it? I'm pretty sure that if you say the Feds Funds rate is X%, you don't have to state the source. However, if you are quoting something that might not be common knowledge, you might have to say where you got the information.

Ok I understand, the question just said that he got some info from central bank, but it didnt specified what type of info or, from whom it came, it just said that it was from a central bank (or at least thats what I can remember)

返回列表
上一主题:Corporate Governance - Quiz 2
下一主题:Ending inventory