上一主题:BA II Plus Calculator and Accrual Equiv After Tax Return
下一主题:Final Review Materials
返回列表 发帖

AD will increase price level...... ??

Which of the following choices best describes the effects on consumption, investment, and net exports that would result from an increase in the price level, other factors held constant?

Consumption
Investment
Net exports

A) Decrease
Decrease
Decrease

B) Decrease
Increase
Increase

C) Increase
Increase
Increase

Answer is A. But if the price level increases, doesnt that mean the aggregate demand increases thus increasing consumption, investment AND Net exports

Kh.Asif... would it be because the dollar appreciates, and the interest rate goes up and hence the investment would decrease?

Increase in price level is basically increase in inflation , if that's so
increase in inflation
decreases consumption
increases interest rate so investment decreases
and since things are costly at home so people will sell things at home and buy from outside, net imports will increase and exports will decreases.

but how come AD is increasing , looks like AS is decreasing that's why price level is going up.

Kh.asif, i think you're right. After thinking about it i think it's just the order of the events. Because that's the only explanation..... thanks a lot for your insight.

welcome mate. I have a second major in economics in my undergrad, but I can bet that I would have made the same mistake you did if this came in the exam. One of the toughest econ question I saw for level 1 (I appeared this june).

返回列表
上一主题:BA II Plus Calculator and Accrual Equiv After Tax Return
下一主题:Final Review Materials