上一主题:tips
下一主题:a wording problem
返回列表 发帖
I think the idea here is to choose the BEST answer. Yes, the Treynor Ratio and Jensen's Alpha both use Beta and both basically tell you the same thing, which is a risk adjusted return. But the question is asking us which is most appropriate for evaluating "risk/return performance" So the measure we are looking for is a ratio of risk/return or return/risk. Jensen's Alpha is not a ratio, but the Treynor Ratio is. Treynor is giving us the return per unit of systematic risk. So because Treynor is a ratio, A is a BETTER answer than C.

As for answer B, I don't think we can assume there is no systematic risk despite the description of the fund as "well-diversified." I may be wrong, but I don't think we can ever formally say that ALL non-systematic risk has been diversified away...unless we are holding all securities in the market.

Why it is not a sharp ratio ..if all unsyst risks are diversified ..so the sharp ratio should equal Treynor ratio ...right?

Jensen gives no sense of scale? Only an alpha, but we don't know whether the alpha was generated over a low beta or high beta?

返回列表
上一主题:tips
下一主题:a wording problem