上一主题:watch for the AF question on the exam
下一主题:Gah, depressed
返回列表 发帖

Moving into the FO...

I was hoping someone may have some helpful tips out there.

I've been working in the MO of a major hedge fund for 3 years now in operations/trade support role. As much as I'd like to believe that an internal transfer would be the next step to the FO, it just doesn't seem like it's possible. I passed Level I in Dec and then just passed Level II in June. I'm really trying to get out of the operations pigeon hole b/c i've been working in OPS for 6 years now and really need to find something in a FO capacity. Any ideas how to make this transition? Do you recommend using recruiters?

What are you skills (other than CFA) and what type of FO job are you looking for (trading/sales/FO quant/analyst)?

My background is in mortgage trading...i worked for a mortgage desk that was disolved several years back (not in NYC) but was reputable and successful at the time. i didn't have enough experience at the time so it was hard to find an analyst position on a trading desk, which is what i had been doing... after that, i've been working in the otc derivative space doing trade support for our macro/fi desk...fixed income and credit are two areas that i've gained tremendous experience in, and that i'm most interested in...i'm looking for an analyst or trading role and am willing to work my up from the bottom.

i've been in the industry for 6 years or so, but i don't mind taking a step back as long as it provides a clearer path...i've just found it near impossible to move to the FO from the BO.

tval, very similar experience. Just passed Level II as well. In Dallas, but support mortgage trading desk of major investment bank. Supported warehouse lending desk before that with same company. Been in OPS 3 years, its tough out there trying to find something right now.

返回列表
上一主题:watch for the AF question on the exam
下一主题:Gah, depressed