上一主题:Annoyed
下一主题:Afternoon Mock error?
返回列表 发帖

Is the CFA L1 curriculum interesting (On a scale of 1 - 10)

For those that have gone through the L1 curriculum, how would you rate the interest quotient for the L1 curriculum.

Is it terribly boring to get through, moderately boring or interesting like math?

Any logical computation would be interesting...while any voluminous cramming would be boring IMO.

What do you think?

It all depends on you.

My breakdown.
Ethics - 2,
Stats - 3
Economics - 5
FRA - 6
Corporate - 8
Portfolio - 8
Equity - 7
Fixed Inc - 8
Derivatives - 7
Alt Invest - 8

Ethics, and Stats for me were a snoozer. You can imagine ethics, and I don't like stats - even though math is my strong characteristic.

This is all up for debate as people with different interest will comment accordingly.

I attended a Stalla workshop, and they mentioned that the exam is set up to be around 1/3rd calculation/math.

I didn't find the material to be hard to go through, infact you should prob go through it more than once. There are some snooze moment, and theory concepts that you need to cram in. All in all, I find it pretty comprehensive and neatly designed.

I'd give everything a 10 except Ethics, Econ, and IFRS vs. GAAP discussions.

I think it was very interesting to go through the first time around, even Ethics. Revision was a pain... and then of course, the fact that you had to try and memorize all definitions, theories etc was a killjoy...

a mix bag here:
Ethics - 9,
Stats - 1
Economics - micro-2, macro-8
FRA - 9
Corporate - 7
Portfolio - 3
Equity - 7
Fixed Inc - 8
Derivatives - 1
Alt Invest - 6

I actually give quant a 10. Learned a lot, remembered a lot that I had forgotten, and generally found it interesting.
I like the connectedness of math. A good example was finding out why the terms in variance are squared, skewness cubed, and kurtosis raised to the 4th power (although the reason why is not actually in the text, I never would have looked it up if I hadn't gone through it).

As for the rest, I found PM, FI and econ interesting. The rest, not so much (esp FRA).

Ethics - 8
Stats - 1
Economics - 5
FRA - 7
Corporate - 7
Portfolio - 9
Equity - 9
Fixed Inc - 3
Derivatives - 6
Alt Invest - 9

返回列表
上一主题:Annoyed