上一主题:给2级的兄弟们一点信心。。。
下一主题:CFA 高级群 153333103 多加一个群 多一点信息 多一点希望
返回列表 发帖
I am experiencing same thing right now as i tried applying for many finance-related jobs even for the junior positions, i come from software background and i thought CFA would enhance my chances , but to no avail and I am having difficulty to at least get an interview..

i think i need to reevaluate my position now, and i feel like does the CFA levels have any weight????

ana12345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> i think i need to reevaluate my position now, and
> i feel like does the CFA levels have any
> weight????

In my mind the CFA accreditation is sought after primarily in conjunction with relevant experience as it enhances that particular experience. You may pursue it on its own but that way it's probably considerably less marketable...

can a monkey go into the audit industry is the more appropriate title to this thread

I'm not an L2 candidate yet (waiting to hear about L1), but I've done an internship in audit, and I don't know a single person on the audit side that had a CFA. I would see taking the CFA exams as a way to move out of audit, not into it.

Do you want to move into audit just to get some experience or because you actually want to do audit?

Go into internal audit. They'll take anyone that has a pulse and generally understands accounting concepts...

Big 4 audit here. CFA is useless to them and hardly anyone knows what it is. While passing L1/L2 might be impressive to some, the real credential needed in the field is the CPA. Period.

Their typical recruit is still in their Junior/Senior year of undergrad and show interest in taking the CPA exam. Those undergrads then do either Spring or Summer internships with the respective firms. After graduation, they start in the Fall. Otherwise, they do direct hires from accounting grads who did not have an internship.

CFA can help raise some eyebrows and set you apart. But at this point networking is most likely your best option. The recruiting process is pretty standard unless you have an in. Shame really. Some firms are having a recruiting shortage because they cut jobs too deep during 08-09. Anyone from a ranked accounting program is getting an offer.

But like someone mentioned, the longer you stay in, the more typecast you become. But a job's a job I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Friday, June 24, 2011 at 05:35PM by el duque.

返回列表
上一主题:给2级的兄弟们一点信心。。。
下一主题:CFA 高级群 153333103 多加一个群 多一点信息 多一点希望