上一主题:Yes, Another ethics Q
下一主题:Get stuck in these 4 ethics Q. Don't know what can be the ri
返回列表 发帖

Query regarding Code of Ethics

Hi Friends,
I am working for a software company say XYZ Corp which provides consultants to ABC Corp for their projects. Now it has been a long time I have been working at ABC Corp location and my growth has been restricted. I was planning to go back XYZ Corp location for growth but my manager at ABC Corp needs me and is ready to hire me as a employee.
There exists an agreement between XYZ Corp and ABC Corp that ABC Corp cannot employ any vendor until 6 months after a person stops working on a project for ABC Corp. Basically, a “cool off” period before ABC Corp can hire me.
ABC Corp is ready to work out all the legal matters with XYZ Corp to hire me.
Am I violating any standard of CFA if I join ABC Corp?

At least from my knowledge, level 1’s standards of practice does not mention anything about this situation which we would assume it would be ok to join as long as the legal matters are settled.
However, I did not read the whole of their Standards of Practice Handbook. You might want to check that out.

Standards of Practice Handbook says to satisfy client before employers. If XYZ is your client and you are not KNOWINGLY breaching the contract and you have got a written consent from your employer, then it’s not a violation.
In your case, since you are aware of the contract, it will be a violation.

Just to clarify XYZ is my employer and ABC Corp is my client. ABC Corp is ready to deal with legal matters for me

返回列表
上一主题:Yes, Another ethics Q
下一主题:Get stuck in these 4 ethics Q. Don't know what can be the ri