上一主题:Removal of pesky CFA sticker on the calculator
下一主题:Schweser Notes Enough?
返回列表 发帖

Schweser Mock Exam 1 Morning #11

So… say if someone who is a retail broker manages client accounts. He notices that one client is extremely good at buying undervalued stocks  and he decides to follow that client’s every move for his personal account.
The answer says that this this broker did not violate anything… but I just feel like he did, because this seems sketchy to me. (doesn’t pass the “smell” test)
Anyone care to weigh in?

I think the trick here is that its his personal account, if he were doing these trades in other client accounts it would be a violation because he wouldn’t have done diligence or have reasonable basis for the recommendation. That aside, definite grey area because I think that would constitute misconduct, as it reflects negatively on the profession and the CFA institute.

I think the trick here is that its his personal account, if he were doing these trades in other client accounts it would be a violation because he wouldn’t have done diligence or have reasonable basis for the recommendation. That aside, definite grey area because I think that would constitute misconduct, as it reflects negatively on the profession and the CFA institute.

返回列表
上一主题:Removal of pesky CFA sticker on the calculator
下一主题:Schweser Notes Enough?