上一主题:CFAI Reading 44 EOC #4 pg 677
下一主题:Ethics Code
返回列表 发帖
I always thought of it either you get it or you don’t.
Where I went to school they had a definate focus.
“Its all micro there is no such thing as macro.” I swear thats what one of the profs said to me. But they did teach Macro as well.
I always thought of it as interesting theory.

I’m going to end up finishing Econ in a couple of days and have been pleasantly surprised at how easy the readings are relative to Quant & FSA. Makes me wonder how difficult that portion of the actual exam will be because according to the sample questions in the text I should be breezing through that 10% of the exam.
Has anyone else felt this section seems a bit easier than expected?

I haven’t found economics to be too tough overall compared to the other sections. If you understand how everything moves in relation to everything else, you’ll be fine.

Completely agree  I got done with Quant and was ready to throw in the towel. Econ was much easier than I expected. Not looking forward to reviewing quant again, though.

Econ is all micro there is no marco, I agree. When i was studying for my PhD, all the macro was based upon nonlinear equations and then aggregated. Real tough unless you are a quant jock, but it does make you realize that economists think that people think in these complex mathematical manners, which they dont. That is why i found behavioral economics really useful. Economic psychology is going to be the next big frontier in human decision making. Thaler from U Chicago, Matt Rabin, Berkeley, my prof, Gary Charness, UCSB, real interesting theory.

I used to hate it, until I forced myself to read through the whole pizza thing (if the price is X then Joe will produce Y pizzas….). Then it became _really_ interesting. Both macro and micro.

I was looking for a Masters in Economics Psychology but it does not seem ot be that well developed yet.
Ok my first year micro classs was interesting my prof explain basic micro by having us assume for a minute that there was only two products in the world pizza and beer. He realted the next few months of demand and supply etc.. lectures to pizza and beer. It was amazing how easy economics was as we could understand it from a consumer and a producer perspective. We could relate to movements along the curve and shifts of the curves. Over twenty years later I still remember those lectures and how much I would give up for a single unit of beer if I already had consumed maximum units of pizza.
Beautiful just beautiful

返回列表
上一主题:CFAI Reading 44 EOC #4 pg 677
下一主题:Ethics Code