上一主题:GIPS: measure of dispersion
下一主题:FSA Trade Credit Mock Exam Quesiton
返回列表 发帖

we overestimate the utility of mock exams

i never did any mock exam, just because i was too lazy to do it
in the hindsight it was not such a bad thing. I see people who have done all the mocks available flunking. Maybe because they went into the exam thinking it would be similar to mocks. I went blank

+1
That’s what I meant when I called them decoy’s - they misguide you to it’s core.

+1
That’s what I said back in May. Do the mock exams but don’t take the scores too seriously. The important thing is make as many mistakes as you can before D-Day and patch them up.

you people say mock is of not much impt …but then how to measure our performance ????

Wouldn’t say it’s a bad toOl, but I managed to pass Level I in one try after only doing a single Schweser practice exam, which I never managed to finish in the allotted time. Most of my time was spent on the CFA Institute assigned readings and the end-of-chapter questions. When I did the practice exam, I made sure to thoroughly go over each answer explanation, and that was a tremendous boost. That said, I intend on getting more practice time in for Level II.

Mocks are important. But the way some people use them are not quite right.
People who have written the exam this year should realize it is very different from Schweser’s mocks and not quite what the CFAI mocks show us neither. It is these “bias” that one need to be careful about, when you use any mocks to gauge your performance.
I agree that when it comes down to gauging pre-exam performance, we more or less would resort to some sorts of mock. All I was saying is, don’t be too blind to the results given by mocks and rather, focus on correcting / revising the mistakes that you have made.

I think CFAI mocks and Schweser mocks are essential. CFAI mocks help you get used to the wording of their q’s. Maybe next year I will use the mocks this way: Study whatever is not on the mock exam

@chiank123
one thing that every candidate can be sure of no matter how everyone else performed..u would pass if u score 70%+
no need to test where u stand relative to others…
i have written some tough tests where only x make the cut out of xxx…
cfa exams are not relatively graded in the strictest sense…
everyone can pass

返回列表
上一主题:GIPS: measure of dispersion
下一主题:FSA Trade Credit Mock Exam Quesiton