上一主题:Do i even need to read the CFAI material if i have the Schwe
下一主题:CFAI Mock Exam (AM) Qn 50 - FCFF
返回列表 发帖

Time per exam question

Hey Guys, quick question:
Am i right in saying that the time you have per question of this exam is a minute and a half?
If so isn’t that a very short amount of time?
What is the best way for preparing for this if the time for each question is so short because it does worry me?
Thanks

Yes, you have 90 seconds per question. It’s not a particularly short time. I used all of it but it typically takes me 30 seconds or less to answer a question I’m familiar with. I spent at least 3 minutes per question on about a quarter of the questions trying to eliminate at least one of the options. A lot of people ended early, but I’m not sure if that’s because they did well or terribly.

Thanks for the quick reply Aaron. I’m from a non finance background so I just worry myself about the time it will take me to do the calculations.
I suppose the best thing for me to do is just practice them over and over again until i get faster at them?
Luckily I’m taking the CFA Level I in Decemeber this year not June so I will have plenty of time. I still have my concerns though which is why I asked

Yeah, you gotta realize a lot of the questions are not calculations, but simply hypothetical you know it or you don’t concept questions.  So you’ll answer many of them in 20-40 seconds, and even do most of your quick calculations in much less than 1.5 minutes.  Occasionally you may mark a question and come back to it and do a 3 minute calculation or something using the time you saved elsewhere.  Keep in mind, if you decide to skip a question, always mark in a circle with your best guess then mark the question sheet so you know to review it at the end (as opposed to leaving it blank).  Otherwise, you risk forgetting and accidentally filling in the wrong oval and then having your whole sheet get screwed up as you go along.  Also, if you run out of time, at least your best guess is filled in.

返回列表
上一主题:Do i even need to read the CFAI material if i have the Schwe
下一主题:CFAI Mock Exam (AM) Qn 50 - FCFF