上一主题:Didnt read Econ to pass Level I. Should I cover it before st
下一主题:FRA Question Please explain why Securitized receivables are?
返回列表 发帖

Schweser Videos for Equity?

Hello,
So I just started studying about a month ago, and have completed FSA. The way I have been studying is first watching the schweser videos for each reading, while typing notes, and then going through the same lecture in the schweser notes and adding to my notes. I find this strategy has been very good so far from a learning perspective. I have been told these videos are very good for Accounting, Deriviatives, and just about anything covered by Andrew Holmes. I have also been told that the instructor that teaches Equity doesn’t do a very good job. Should I just read the Equity notes through Schweser, or continue on with my strategy. I plan on doing all of the CFAI EOC questions after, as well as the blue-box problems, this is just my initial strategy on getting through the material.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
In case you guys are wondering, I have been using the 2012 videos, as there haven’t been many changes to Accounting.
Thanks.

Have you considered looking into the FRA videos from Elan with Peter Olinto.  He’s widely regarded as being the best CFA instructor out there and especially for FRA.  
Elan offers videos to purchase individually by reading so you don’t need to buy the whole lot, just the readings you want.

I already have the Schweser Videos and have been told they do a good job, so I don’t really want to spend more money on additional videos. Thank you for the suggestion though.

@illmatic: I am quite sure I read somewhere that pensions is totally different for 2013. You may want to recheck that.
As for equity, even though it’s the most heavily weighed topic area, it is relatively straightforward so you may not need the videos.

返回列表
上一主题:Didnt read Econ to pass Level I. Should I cover it before st
下一主题:FRA Question Please explain why Securitized receivables are?