上一主题:Swap Spread
下一主题:Schweser Videos for Equity?
返回列表 发帖

Didnt read Econ to pass Level I. Should I cover it before st

As the topic says, I did not touch the econ book for level 1.  It was too long and worth too little so I just did not bother with it.  I miraculously passed the exam with a 51-70% score in Econ and am debating covering the old material first.
Part of my reasoning was because I hated the topic after a bad experience in undergrad (econ teacher pushed his political agenda which made no sense so I assumed economics was a fake science - however I didnt understand what had happened until recently).  Ive recently become very interested in economics so I would like to learn more about the topic.  I have very little time constraints as I am currently unemployed but this status is not by choice and I cannot assume I will remain unemployed through june next year.
I have heard econ is very difficult this time around and am afraid that I may miss the big picture by diving straight into the new content.  What are your thoughts?

I honestly cannot say because I haven’t passed CFA Level 1 yet (waiting on my results), but I would have thought that the CFA curriculum is designed in levels because it progressively builds on what was learned in previous levels.
Infact, I know that this is the case with certain sections (if not the whole thing) because the Schweser videos for some of the topics referred to what we would be building on from Level 1 in Level 2.
I cannot be certain for Economics, someone who is a Level 2 candidate will have to tell you. But I imagine the answer will be to cover the material from Level 1 again if you don’t have a good grasp of it.

In level 3 many topics intermingle and you MAY be asked to analyse a non-economic issue against the backdrop of  an economic context. If I were you I would read up on L1 economics before starting L2, even if you could pass L2 without referring to L1 at all…Also consider the fact that CFAI has revamped the economics section…it would make much more sense to preserve some continuity in your understanding of this subject anyways…meh 2012 end of world.

I’d agree with Alladin.  My opinion is that it all builds on previous material.

返回列表
上一主题:Swap Spread
下一主题:Schweser Videos for Equity?