上一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidance
下一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidance
返回列表 发帖

All of the following violate Standard I(C), Misrepresentation, EXCEPT:

A)
copying a proprietary computerized spreadsheet without seeking authorization from the creators.
B)
presenting factual information published by recognized statistical reporting services without acknowledgment.
C)
citing quotes attributable to "investment experts" without specific references.

Standard I(C), Misrepresentation, permits using recognized sources of factual information such as Standard & Poor’s Corporation and Moody’s Investors Service without acknowledgment.

An analyst preparing a report does NOT need to cite the use of which of the following?

A)
A recent quote from Alan Greenspan.
B)
Charts developed by a colleague in the same firm.
C)
Estimates of betas provided by Standard & Poor's.

Statistics provided by a recognized agency, such as Standard and Poor’s, do not need to be cited. Charts, quotes, and algorithms developed by individuals must be cited when they are used.

Which of the following is NOT a form of plagiarism?

A)
Using factual information published by a recognized financial statistics reporting service without acknowledgment.
B)
Presenting statistical forecasts by others with the sources identified but without the qualifying statements that may have been used by the originator.
C)
Citing quotations said to be attributable to "leading analysts" or "investment experts" without specific reference.

Members may not generally use material without acknowledging the original source, but an exception is made for factual information published by recognized financial and statistical reporting services.

Sandra Bulow, CFA, is responsible for updating her employing firm’s website to include changes in analysis techniques and trading procedures. She is often very delinquent in making these changes, despite working extensive hours. She is aware clients are using the website to make investment decisions, and has received complaints from the sales department as the information on the website if often different from what is presented in sales meetings. Bulow is most likely:

A)
in violation of Standard I(C) "Misrepresentation."
B)
in violation of Standard III(B) "Fair Dealing."
C)
not in violation of any Standard.

Bulow is most likely in violation of Standard I(C) "Misrepresentation." The web site information is erroneous, and needs to be updated to match the firm’s current practices.

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidance
下一主题:Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidance