返回列表 发帖

[转帖]CFA study Tips(From CFA Institude)

Crack CFA! 在大家看此链接前,请问那里有CFA L1 的HANDBOOK下载资源,谢谢!直接回复即可。谢谢again.

下面的链接是CFA-I的学习TIPS,PDF格式,详细地说了复习过程的一些注意问题,值得看看。如果你是高手就免了。

http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/pdf/StudyandTestingTips.pdf

Meanwhile present the Stem explaination also, as follow:

Item Stems:

The Level I CFA examination does not use EXCEPT, TRUE, or FALSE in item stems and
avoids the use of NOT in item stems whenever possible.

When appropriate, stems will include one of the following qualifiers: most likely, least likely, best described, most appropriate, most accurate, least appropriate, least accurate.

Each stem supports only one item on the examination.

Distracters:

The Level I CFA examination does not use any of the following distracters:
all of the above, none of the above, I and II only, II and III only, cannot determine,
cannot calculate, not enough information to determine

Distracters consisting of words or sentences are typically ordered from shortest to longest; distracters that are quantitative are ordered from the smallest number to largest number. The distracters agree grammatically with the stem; language common to all distracters is placed in the stem.

I'm preparing for Level 3 now. My advice for Level 1 is to expect many questions that use the two column distracter format highlighted on pages 5 and 6 of the Study Tips. CFAI says they use it 'extensively' (p.5 above) and they're not kidding. My head was spinning after the morning session - I felt I'd answered 180 questions, not 120, because of so many two column questions, particularly in FSA. Afternoon session went better because by then I was somewhat familiar with the format.

Even the easiest questions look more difficult if you are needlessly stressed through fear of the unknown. If you can enter the morning session and not be surprised by the question format, you'll have a tremendous starting advantage over other candidates. Your stress level will drop, you will think more clearly, and you'll probably correctly answer more of the marginal questions that are the difference between success and failure at this level (sorry for using the F word).

To use the CFA Institute's own words, "Many sample exams produced by third parties do not follow these conventions, so you should review the CFA Institute format presented here." They are absolutely right. I wasted so much time on third party questions that were made needlessly difficult because they kept using a 'I and II only, II and III only' type format that you won't find in the exam. Everything CFAI says above is what you'll find in the Level I exam, like numerical answers being listed from smallest to largest. Be aware of these small details because you'll have to guess some of the answers on exam day. CFAI even addresses this topic on page 8 and 9 of their Study Tips.

The Level 1 exam rewards those who know the material. If you half know the question topic, you'll get half the question right and the other half wrong - net result 0 points for that question. You need to pick up the spare if you strike the first half of the question. Focus on understanding the core concepts behind every practice question you answer. That way you can better reason out the two answers needed to get full credit on the many paired questions in the Level 1 exam.

All you have to do is pass, and you can do that with less than 70%. If CFAI says 70 is a 'very good' score, then what is a 'good' passing score? Much less than you think when you're aiming for 90 on those practice exams at home. Stay positive and whatever you do, make sure to sit the exam, even if you think you're not prepared and sure to fail. Everyone starts to feel that way as exam day approaches. I did too - but passed.

Good luck to all on exam day

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-4-16 16:35:44编辑过]

thanks very much!

thanks

thanks

[em02]

thanks

thanks a lot!

ding!

good

thanks

返回列表