上一主题:Schweser question : WACC
下一主题:Ode to the 12C
返回列表 发帖

School and CFA

I am going to graduate in May 2011. I would like to sit for level 1 in December 2010 and then turn around and take Level 2 in June 2011. This summer I have an internship that ends in mid July. My fall semester I will have 15 credit hours and spring semester I will have 12. Do you think I will be able to take a full course load and study for the exams and pass them?

how does cfai check for the diploma requirement?

call CFAI and see how they verify it

I admire the fact that you would like to finish the CFA program at a young age, but I think this is a bit much. I finished the program this past year, a couple of years out of college and I look back and think that it wasn't so much the studying and learning of the material for the exams that bothered me (even though I didn't enjoy that at all), it was the time away from my friends and missing out on fun events that sucked the most. Maybe it's just me, but my senior year in college was an absolute riot and one of the more enjoyable years of my life. If I was cooped up trying to successfully study for not only Level 1, but potentially Level 2 as well during that time, I might have really regretted that. Studying after work in the "real world" wasn't much better, but you will have many more years to enjoy in that stage of your life.

Just my two cents. You're young. Have fun the rest of the time you are in college. Kick butt in your classes and start taking these exams in another year.

If anyone is interested in taking the level 1 december exam and then passing level 2 june 2011 and wants to get a masters in finance during that year Look into the program at WVU. It has been a year well spent for myself and given me the opportunity to make sure I pass the exams first time.

BearDown 15 for sure said it right. While in college i would worry about acing classes and having as much fun as possible monday - sunday. Employers won't care that you passed L1 in your senior year. They will care more that you got a 4.0.

You have the rest of your life to pass the CFA. You only have 1 more year to live the dream in undergrad.

I graduated last May with a degree in finance and set for L1 in June. I ended up failing in band 10. You could definitely do it though. I was working about 25 hours a week and had a pretty busy semester in school. However, I wouldn't underestimate the exam. It's not the difficulty of any individual topic, but the quantity of information you are required to know. I looked at sample questions prior to signing up and thought it was going to be a lot easier than it was. If you can put in the 250 hours that is recommended you should be good. I studied probably close to 200 and really regret not putting in the extra time.

Forget the CFA and worry about finding a job and having fun your senior year. You can take the CFA once you get settled into the job that you'll spend your entire senior year looking for.

Ask yourself these question "How many times am I in undergrad?"

ONCE!

"How many opportunities will I have to study for the CFA?"

Thousands.

Not trying to tell you to slack off, but focus on college, grades and fun.

Thank you all for the responses! I am going to go ahead and take Level 1 this December. In fact I just received my Stalla study material today in the mail.

Personally I believe having level 2 candidate on my resume could help get my foot in the door for an interview. I could be wrong.

返回列表
上一主题:Schweser question : WACC
下一主题:Ode to the 12C