上一主题:Afternoon Mock Q 86
下一主题:Can you chew gum / bring water?
返回列表 发帖

practice exam vs mock

I scored really low in the mock (which i got 58%), i was worried. but having just finished the practice exams (60 questions), i find it a lot easier than the mock, maybe because a lot of questions i have got wrong were repeated in the practice exam, i scored 83% for Vol 1. i am not sure how accurate this will be in gauging my chance to pass the real exam tho.

anyone care to comment, 58% on mock is shocking tho.

People have been commenting on this forum for some time now how much easier the samples are then the mock. I do think you can breathe easier knowing that the mock is notoriously difficult for just about everyone and that your scores have been higher then other postings on AF.

The important questions relating to your score on the mock is how much review you had done and if you had taken any practice exams yet. I would stay positive and focused. You still have a week left and no doubt will be able to pass if you are diligent.

Good luck.

Not to scare you but the practice exams are for your understanding *right after* you get through the CFAI readings. It is used to help you gauge what areas you still need to study before you take the mock. I got a 90 on a sample exam and I know for certain that isnot represenative of my actual progress.

Honestly, after taking the samples, I thought they were a waste of money. But one good investment I did make was buying the Elan mocks. They are blowing my socks off in some areas. The funny thing about Elan is that I can see the CFAI asking these types of questions on exam day. They are not overly quantitative and really test your understanding. The Schweser is good for review but I think Elan is better for testing what your actual score may be.

Frankly, I have no freaking clue what to expect- just like everyone else- but I do know that those samples are not represenative of a June 5th score.

I can't wait till this test is over- I thought I was goin to get blasted drunk the night after but now I just want to go on like some long run or hiking trip.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 12:59PM by nickfaulkner.

Elan Mock is much better than Schweser. Worth every cent to buy.

返回列表
上一主题:Afternoon Mock Q 86
下一主题:Can you chew gum / bring water?