上一主题:ipad/iphone apps
下一主题:Nagging Feeling after the exam
返回列表 发帖

Effective Study hours

When i study for say 2 hours, i effectively end up studying only 1.5hours. 30 min are wasted.max i have studied on a single day is 5 hours on a Sunday effective time devoted is closer to 4 maybe 4 hrs 15 min.

does this happen to you.what were/are your effective study hours?

I found out that using earplugs increases my concentration. I now use them everywhere: libraries, etc...

I can get max 2 hours too. I spend time with family till 9 PM and then study from 9 to 11 PM.

Sometimes when I look at my schweser notes in the morning, I look at a topic and feel like oh , I have yet to study this topic. Only when I turn the pages and see my marking I come to realization that I have already read it :- ( and have no recollection of it; sometimes the previous night itself.
Good thing Dec is still far away or so it seems.

definitely happened to me...i guess it really depends on one's self discipline...but then again, the concentration time span of people varies for each person...while one can study continuously for a straight two-hour, another can probably study effectively for 1 hour, then probably take 15 mins break before continuing to study for another hour...

as for me, my effective study hours during working days are probably around 2 hours at night (normally around 11 p.m. - 1 a.m.), while during weekends, probably around 5-6 hours max, which are broken down to 2 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon and 2 hours at night (but it's flexible, depending on my activities during the weekends)...

hope you find your ideal study hours and stick to them...good luck!

I agree with more breaks. If you go full steam for a couple hours, near the end, you read the words but it won't sink in nearly as well as when you are freshly rested.

if you pop a bindle burner you could go for like 10 hours haha

I find that splitting the study session in different parts helps, as it creates natural breaks.
For example, if I study for 2 hours, then I use the first 15 to 30 mn reviewing past notes, then 1 hour reading and making notes and the rest answering questions and reviewing those I get wrong. It helps reinforce my understanding of key concepts and helps improve my retention levels.

Karine

For me it is completely random and unpredictable.

Some days I will wake up early, plan on going to the library for five hours, and I would get there and have so little concentration that I would end up having to get up and leave. I would stare at a page and not retain anything.

Other times I will just randomly find myself in a state of extreme concentration and get five hours worth of studying done in two, and I would "write" the concepts to my brain permanently.

It made me mad in that I had no way to control it or predict it. I found that earplugs and not drinking at all for the month before the test hugely helped my concentration though.

Hey confused2010,

If those figures are correct I think you are doing exceptionally well. Because the natural working pattern of the human brain is such that: to maximize output you should study in 45 minute sessions with a 5 to 15 minute break after every session. so effectively studying only 3 in 4 hours. You are already doing better than that. This does not apply to attempting the exam as we are not learning anything new there so a continuous 3 hour session is bearable.

enjoy

返回列表
上一主题:ipad/iphone apps
下一主题:Nagging Feeling after the exam