上一主题:Referring to candidacy
下一主题:question on 1-year gold fwd price
返回列表 发帖

Order of studying Topics

Order of studying topics may differ from person to person depending on the background.should you study a heavily weighted topic like FSA towards the end so that its fresh in your mind? in any case i dunno how much of what i study now will i remember in November.

reading ethics, finished probability distributions in quant and left it cos i couldn't take more of it. now on FSA. haven't decided what i will take up after this. quant, i plan to study once a week practise as many problems as i can.slowly getting a hang of the curriculum.

Hi Manoj,

Are you from Mumbai ? am also studying like u nd finding going very tough atm.

Which notes r u referring to pal ?

Regards,

Vikrant

study the most challenging topic (according to you) first because you need more time to master it. attempt questions and stay motivated

I agree with the above guy but if you are from a Math background. I know most Indians are, then do Quant, FI and Equity first cos you'll get a feel of the curriculum and these are some of the easiest parts for guys from Math background.

My advice: if you have experience in finance/accounting etc, you can likely start with whatever area you choose.

If you have no prior education/experience in the above, start at the top and work your way down. This stuff is all cumulative, and probably can't be learned otherwise.

i.e. Getting a handle (or not) on stats/density curves/probability theory will likely tell you how well you can handle the actual financial analysis sections. If you haven't studied and understood the quantitative sections, you likely won't be able to grasp later topics such as risk management - at that point, it's all stats (expected value, variance, etc.).

When I did quant I skipped hypothesis testing for some reason. During the exam I realized that that I didn't actually read the entire reading... Take my advice and take hypothesis testing seriously. Quant really isn't that hard though.

I did FSA first and didn't have any problems with that. I would recommend doing economics towards the end because the majority of it is memorizing. If you do it early like I did you will find that right after you do a reading you will dominate the EOC questions but a few months later you will be getting dominated.

Don't screw up PM or AI because they are both gifts.

返回列表
上一主题:Referring to candidacy
下一主题:question on 1-year gold fwd price