返回列表 发帖
Dear All,

CFA has just opened June 2011. I have just registered and i am hoping the materials will come within the next two weeks.

Regards,

Namh

Hey Soddy, yes i am Irish. Economics and Finance was my Major at college and i have been working for a hedge fund administrator for the last two years.

Work can be pretty crazy so i think its best to start as early as possible.

Any study pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Niamh

It is a small box. Your first reaction will be positive. Then you open the box and see a handful of books. Still ok. You think: how much work can this be? And then you'll see how many pages fit into that tiny box. And you don't understand but they are there.

niamh23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Soddy, yes i am Irish. Economics and Finance
> was my Major at college and i have been working
> for a hedge fund administrator for the last two
> years.
>
> Work can be pretty crazy so i think its best to
> start as early as possible.
>
> Any study pointers would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Niamh

Hi Niamh, I'm based in the IFSC.

Starting early is good, although I advise against hitting the books hard for the first few months. You'll just get fed up with it. I treated it the same as a college year. A little before Christmas, a lot after Christmas.

Hit quant first because it feeds into everything else. I left Ethics completely until February and I read it three times in total before the exam. Apart from that, level 1 is all about drilling questions. SS9 is pretty rough also for level 1.

Good luck.

And woops is right. It's unbelievable what CFAI manage to fit into that box.

@soddy1979: How did you figure out he/she is Irish?

hey mustafa,

niamh is an irish girls name.

opened the very small box today.....the pages are so thin!!!!

i will take your advise on ethics and try read three times...i have the time so why not..

Soddy do you know any other candidates on here that are irish or based in dublin?

Shipping weight is 18 pounds!!

woops Wrote:
> It is a small box. Your first reaction will be
> positive. Then you open the box and see a handful
> of books. Still ok. You think: how much work can
> this be? And then you'll see how many pages fit
> into that tiny box. And you don't understand but
> they are there.

defone Wrote:
> Shipping weight is 18 pounds!!

That tiny box contains 18 pounds (8.16 kg) of super-compacted books, you can imagine its physical density must be very high. (Re: Density = Mass (kg) per unit volume (metre^3) ) You can smash someone's head with that small box like a big piece of brick.

And, the information density is high too. Think how 74 chapters, 18 study sessions, 6 months of study can stuff inside 18 pounds of books and inside a tiny small box.

That's why they offer the choice of intangible and weightless ebook over the heavy brick.

hello everyone!,

i'm new here from Singapore!...Just received my books for June 2011 Exam...so excited abt it...

Greetings from Norway. Have also just recived my pack for June 2011 ........... making an early start !!

返回列表