上一主题:Constructing a two bond hedge
下一主题:pre-tax nominal rate of return
返回列表 发帖
Passed L2, but not planning to sign up for L3 yet. Can't quite call myself CFA Level 3 Candidate.

What are some ways to indicate this on the resume? Especially if I want this to standout, given I don't have much other research experience.

Don't get cute with it, just put Passed level 2 of the CFA exam... Or go pay for the test so you can put L3 Candidate.

dude all you have to do is sign up for L3 to say l3 candidate...just pay for it you're going to have to do that eventually.

im not in the hunt for a j o b right now so im not in that boat

Should mention, I don't plan on taking L3 in 2011.

you should write "Im a tone tan fit and ready" Level 3 candidate

njk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being that you need 4 yrs relevant work
> experience, I figured I would make becoming
> relevant a priority. Im currently working in
> operations (aka unrelevant) at a major i-bank -
> let me know if you think this is a jackass move

Same here except I just passed L1 straight out of college. Now I just need to find a job in the industry and I'll sign up for L2.

Sorry to play the CFA ethics card, but if you have not signed up for L3 in 2011, then you may not yet call yourself L3 Candidate, correct?

I would think that "Passed CFA Level 2 Exam, June 2010" would look pretty darn good on your resume for an opportunity to get out of Ops. I am also in Ops at a hedge fund and unfortunately I did not pass L2, so I didn't have to change my resume. I'm still a L2 Candidate! ;) Good luck raising up out the back office, I'm looking forward to doing the same soon.

ive been looking for jobs since january, applied for like 30 (internally), didnt get one interview.

passed LV1 in june, re-worked (on the format) and updated (on cfa) my resume 2 weeks ago and guess what?

instant impact: got a phone interview yesterday. the recruiter told me they received approx 300 resumes, 15 get a phone interview and i was one of 15.

maybe it was just luck....i dun believe that lv1 and 2 will make this much of a difference (there is a difference but not that much)

if i get a few more phone calls, i'll be convinced.

Regarding the comment around 'relevancy', your operations workex can count towards the 4 years requirement for the charter. I know people who have been working in IT for four years have claimed it!

Hey "Wobbling on the fence" Are you certain that ops experience counts? I have about 10 years at a hedge fund and a bank in ops and 3 years inv research. Can you tell me where they say what experience counts?

返回列表
上一主题:Constructing a two bond hedge
下一主题:pre-tax nominal rate of return