上一主题:Question Format
下一主题:No arb bond future price
返回列表 发帖

Humble Advice From L2er

I thought I would take a minute to send a message to the folks getting ready to sit for Level I based on my experience last year.

A few days before:

By now you are probably exhausted and extremely nervous. You have been taking practice exams and fretting over the scores themselves and also how they compare to others. Last year I failed the Mock with a 67 just 5 days prior to the exam. On the exam, I passed with >70 on all subject areas.

There were a couple of areas that by this time last year I just "conceded". I did not waste final review time on low probability difficult subjects when I could reinforce and review middle and strong areas. This was a cost/benefit decision.

During the test:

Befor you start...relax...all the answers are on this test.

After answering the first 3 questions, I went back and changed two of them. I found that I was too hyped up and not reading the questions properly. So, I slowed down and let the answers come to me. Remember all this info is in your head...you just have to recall it. If you can't, guess and move on.

You will find easy questions and impossible ones. Don't let yourself get too high or too low. Pace yourself and move on through. Periodically check the time and try to stay on pace...you can always go back...but you have to get through this thing on time.

Between sessions:

Everyone was talking about this question and that question. Everyone was saying how hard or easy it was going. Don't listen to any of that. Don't try to review. This is your time to rest your head. You will need more stamina in session 2, trust me. Don't second guess anything you did.

After the exam:

You will be exhausted. Get together with some people and get drunk and tell horror stories about the experience. But don't question your answers. Every question I heard referenced or that I remembered myself I was sure I screwed up. I kept telling myself, "Crap...missed that one." A lot.

Waiting for results:

Get to know your family and friends again. Forgive yourself for all the time you could have spent studying but didn't...the procrastinations. It's over. It's a long wait. When you click on the link you will be freaking.

Click the link, something might have just gone right.

very sharp...many thanks indeed.

i'm trying to keep myself focus till the exam and i was thinking on some review between sessions on saturday...i'll let my mind decide...

truly appreciate the...

"I did not waste final review time on low probability difficult subjects when I could reinforce and review middle and strong areas. This was a cost/benefit decision. "

i always score much more in the 2nd half of the exams...ethics is my nightmare (avg 6 or 7 wrong in 18)...economics it's a matter of luck...i'll review all FSA and "next" topics...no chance there to miss.

time management is going to be crucial...i got some "hard" lessons from my mocks at home...consistency throughout all the exam...1 Q should not hamper some precious minutes for other areas.

all the best to you and LUCK if you're searching for the "2nd upgrader"...

So freaked out right now. Cant even sleep well. Constantly being bogged down by the callings of exam. Duh, how i wish I could write the exam NOW!!!. The waiting is a slow death.....

keelim...my humble opinion based in your facts...no violation here :-)

take a mental rest...football game, movie,....

get away from this for a while.

i'm also starting to feel real pain...not sure about plans for tomorrow...can you imagine...my legs hurt (but all i do is to seat???) !!!!

top-of-the-cfa-pain-mode

cool,

cheers

返回列表
上一主题:Question Format
下一主题:No arb bond future price