上一主题:aggressive depreciation
下一主题:Student Handbook
返回列表 发帖

Dumbest decision I have made so far....

I don't post very often but just wanted to give everyone a possible laugh.

I let my fiance convice me about 6 months ago to get married May 15th (Saturday) thinking I would only lose one day of studying.

Boy was I wrong. The last month has been hectic with final wedding plans and I have lost a lot of days with only getting a few minutes of studying done.

My only saving grace was that I started early and had made two full passes of the material by May 1st.

Getting amped up for started my real review May 16th (the one that I was hoping to start May 1st!).

Outside of Practice exams and advice on good things to make sure I include in my review? Was planning just practice exams (Schweser and CFAi) and CFAi end of chapter questions review. Thanks for the suggestions.

Suggestion #1-if you want to continue to be a happily married man DO NOT mention having regrests to your spouse!!!

you think you got it bad?

my wife was supposed to give birth may 28th. After visiting the doctor today, its likely going to be about a week late - June 4th or 5th...

awesome....

Smileygladhands that is rough! All the planning and preparing that must go into getting ready for a baby would definately be overwhelming, best of luck to you!

Haha, wasn't expressing regrets about proposing and getting married! Just about agreeing to the May wedding right before the exam. A July or August wedding sounds pretty awesome right now!

i'm in the same boat. i took off May 3rd and May 10th for interviews thinking I would only lose a few hours of studying. WRONG.

fortunately, i got the job but the last 2 weeks I've been stressing about the job and finding a new place to live, so needless to say I'm F'd!

Yoshmeister,

Same time next year when you are revising for L3, dont let you wife convince you to organise a massive 1st year anniversary.

Yoshmeister Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't post very often but just wanted to give
> everyone a possible laugh.
>
> I let my fiance convice me about 6 months ago to
> get married May 15th (Saturday) thinking I would
> only lose one day of studying.
>
> Boy was I wrong. The last month has been hectic
> with final wedding plans and I have lost a lot of
> days with only getting a few minutes of studying
> done.
>
> My only saving grace was that I started early and
> had made two full passes of the material by May
> 1st.
>
> Getting amped up for started my real review May
> 16th (the one that I was hoping to start May
> 1st!).
>
> Outside of Practice exams and advice on good
> things to make sure I include in my review? Was
> planning just practice exams (Schweser and CFAi)
> and CFAi end of chapter questions review. Thanks
> for the suggestions.

How much I love being single..

this thread somewhat motivated me to refocus by making me realise i have no big responsibility on my shoulders plus a leave from work so i have nooo excuse for not passing this exam!

Yoshmeister
congatulations after wedding it is normal life again and you have three weeks to study

smileygladhands
congratulations
child birth is the best thing that can happen to anyone, wish you birthday is not on exam day, day before would be best but most important is well-being of your wife and child

CPAbeatsCFA
congratulations, this is tough really, employer should be reasonable

p.s. I have wife, two little children and job in a dealing room of a bank

FYI, last year we were expecting our #4 in the first week of june also. I asked for and received permission to have a cell phone at the exam site (held onto by the proctor of course and set on vibrate) in the event of a baby emergency. Fortunately our daughter was born on May 30th and, per work policy, I got a week off for daddy-leave. The timing actually worked out nicely. I found the Institute to be very considerate of extenuating circumstances.

And for what it's worth, there are a LOT of things worse in life than failing a CFA exam. Getting married (hopefully) only happens once. Of course, in retrospect, a month or 2 earlier or later would have been better...

返回列表
上一主题:aggressive depreciation
下一主题:Student Handbook