返回列表 发帖

Level 2 Advice

Hi Guys,

This forum is excellent and has provided useful inputs for all of us during our L1 preparations. I appeared in 2010 Dec. Like others, I am keeping my fingers crossed on crossing the line.

Now, that I have some time to recuperate from the lengthy study sessions, I am thinking over my plan for next year. If I fail then I am re-appearing in June again. However, if I do pass, then I am thinking over my plans to appear for L2 in June 2011. I am a family guy with a 4 year old daughter and a full time job. I was able to study for 2 hours at least on weekdays and 5-6 hrs on weekends during my L1 prep. I started studying in early July. I did find difficulty in balancing family life with my study time. My wife is not amused with my CFA option either. I am wondering if I should go for L2 in June 2011 or postpone it to June 2012 considering the limited time period that I would have given other commitments or do you think it is doable. Is there anybody else facing the same situation as me? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I decided to wait until June 2012 as I figured what is the big rush. I would rather go in over prepared than under prepared, and I think waiting will give me a better balance between work and the rest of life.

However, I am no where near having the 4 year work experience requirement, hence why I am not in a huge rush to finish all the exams. If you already have most of the work experience requirement, then I can see why you would want to hurry up and finish the exams so you can become a Charterholder.

do it now brah, you gotta hustle

It's really tough once you are married and have a young child.

On one hand, you want to make their lives better.
On the other, you are giving up precious time that you will never have with them again.

That's why I'm trying to get everything done in my mid-20s. Even now though, I've had to give up some time spent dating, being with friends, enjoying life.

I have a demanding full time job and two kids + wife at home. The kids are 3 and 1. I am plowing through. I want to be done in June 2012. I intend to pass L2 and then take a half year before gearing up to finishing the job in 2012.

Its like pulling a band aid off. The quicker the better. I dont want the cfa over my head for more than three years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, December 13, 2010 at 02:36PM by yodacaia.

Thanks Guys, message is very clear, do it now and start early for L2.

FinNinja Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Long story short if you are not prepared to make
> the sacrifice, you won't be prepared to write the
> test in June.

Yes. L2 is a great sacrifice. The statistic is something like only 5% of people taking L2 for the first time will pass it.

Where does this stat come from?

i have a 1 year old daughter and my wife too isn't too thrilled with CFA. I will give level II in 2012 even if i pass.i cannot compete studying by June '11.

confused2010 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i have a 1 year old daughter and my wife too isn't
> too thrilled with CFA. I will give level II in
> 2012 even if i pass.i cannot compete studying by
> June '11.

+1

返回列表