上一主题:study material
下一主题:bond value converges to par at maturity
返回列表 发帖

Minimum passing score

This topic is probably passe, but I'm just curious what peoples thoughts are on what will constitute a minimum passing score. The way I read the rules and history, an overall 70% is guaranteed to pass, and probably anything under 60 will fail. Does this board think that the cutoff is closer to one or the other? I understand that each round is test and group specific, but I also imagine that it doesn't deviate much from this range. I was comfortably scoring over 70 on most Level 1 topics in December, but I imagine I'll be a borderline case the week after next, I can't seem to get the elusive 5 or 6 correct on more than a couple vignettes. I don't necessarily understand the banding system fully but I imagine the top couple bands will only miss by maybe 5 questions.

Nobody really knows; it would be pure speculation to say. CFAI has never announced the MPS or released individual scores.

Common wisdom suggests that slightly less than 70 is enough and I suspect that's reasonable.

aim for 80% ... cause even if 70% is the magic number, everything is subject to sample error ... !!

the way the exams are graded it ensures that candidates have absolutely no idea how they did, what they did wrong, and what they could do to improve. a 3 * rating system and a pass/fail mean absolutely nothing...

i vote to not even think of minimum passing scores cause it just puts additional stress on your head with no real benefit ... might as well spend that time practicing !!

Good points, although I couldnt be spending more time practicing. I would have used tiredofstudying as my screenname but you already took it. I will just have to turn all of my 4/6s into 5/6s in the next 13 days. I wish there were at least a couple sections I could crush every question correct but I don't have any at this juncture

I believe someone has narrowed it down to 68-70%, based on the 3* band samples.

Nobody who scored higher than 70% ever failed. Most people think the MPS for Level I and II usually lies between 65-70%.

No one knows, and it varies from year to year. I heard some people figuring that Band 10 was nestled pretty close to 70, so I'd assume 68-69 would be MPS. This is frankly a waste of time to think about though.

No1 knows for sure but I THINK it won't go more than 70% ... something between 65-70 sounds reasonable to me

i just answered this in anther thread....its an overall 70% (or MPS) or better. You could fail all the small sections and ace the rest (theoretically) and pass. Some say there is an ethics adjustment, so if you are borderline and do well on ethcis, they will pass you. But in general, an overall score above the MPS is a pass.

Spanishesk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i just answered this in anther thread....its an
> overall 70% (or MPS) or better. You could fail all
> the small sections and ace the rest
> (theoretically) and pass. Some say there is an
> ethics adjustment, so if you are borderline and do
> well on ethcis, they will pass you. But in
> general, an overall score above the MPS is a pass.

thanks again - sorry for the inconvenience

返回列表
上一主题:study material
下一主题:bond value converges to par at maturity