返回列表 发帖

Schweser Level III Material

If anyone has received the Notes for Schweser Level III could you please tell me exactly how many pages of material there are to cover? I'm debating skipping the notes this year and just getting notecards, practice exams, and secret sauce. I appreciate the help.

Thanks!

felt compelled to share w/ you DDSU82----I would not skip the Schweser notes. I could not have made it through all this w/o Schweser's Notes!

They haven't released the notes for 2011 yet. That's scheduled for October.

I second castle's opinion.

Any Level 3 passers just used the schweser material to pass? I never used the CFAI textbooks in preparation for the other levels, but from what people are saying about level 3, it seems like a must?

Was the reason you used schweser notes for L3 because you were short on time and therefore needed a more abbreviated source of material? Or is the CFAI L3 material just really hard to read and scheser did a masterful job of making it easier to understand?

Thanks!

DDSU8,

I think Castle is saying that schweser makes a good supplement to the core material. At least that was my experience. I read both CFAI and schweser for all 3 levels and while I personally would never rely on schweser exclusively, I did find it invaluable for review and to help focus in on the most important parts of the curriculum. I would say it is less useful for L3 than I or II though.

Also, FWIW, I seem to be one of the few individuals that actually enjoyed reading the CFAI books.

I've also used Schweser along with the CFAI material for both L1 and L2 and was very happy with this decision since I passed each time. My resistence to shell out more $ for the full Schweser as opposed to just getting the practice exams, notecards, and secret sauce is because I've heard Schweser did not hold as much importance on L3 compared to reading the CFAI material exclusively and nailing it down cold. Based on how I've studied in the past, I've also read CFAI once first and then Schweser material. But knowing that I have the time and energy to read the CFAI twice, and try to really get it, makes me wonder whether I need the supplement or not. I appreciate your thoughts and hope that others can contribute to this discussion as well.

Thanks!

Yep, you're right on Chi Paul -- I found it invaluable for review and to help focus in on the most important parts of the curriculum. A major hurdle for candidates is that "focus" you mention given the volume of material to read and comprehend in order to answer the questions correctly and efficiently (time management is crucial for studying, and obviously taking the exams)...Schweser really soldified my retention. And yes, I read the CFAI material, using Schweser as a supplement for all levels, especially during the May home stretch!

Relied on Schweser only and did well on level III.

I would advise choosing the set of books that you consider to be most well-written.
Your thoughts will be drifting off - no need to encourage them with lengthy prose.
Stick to a reading plan and spend lots of time on questions, cards and as many clocked practice exams as possible. The same strategy as for level II, really, even though the exam is very different.

返回列表