上一主题:2 Months Now....
下一主题:Breakeven spread analysis
返回列表 发帖

How to use QBank

I am studying for the December exam, and I'm not sure how I am supposed to incorporate the Qbank into my study plan. Is it better to finish a study session and then do the Qbank, or would you recommend it immediately after completing a reading?

After each reading, I'd then go back through and take each individual LOS quiz, then the reading quiz. I'd take the SS quiz once all readings were completed and review as necessary.

A friend of mine completed each LOS quiz immediately after reading that LOS. I didn't find this effective at all since everything is fresh in your head. You want to test your knowledge on the concepts after some time has passed to see if you still understand them.

YMMV.

do cumulative QBANK exams up to the material you've read throughout your entire reivew...

ie if you've finished up to SS8, do a 60 - 100 question QBANK up to SS8. This will be INVALUABE as you wont have to start from scratch again when review time comes...

Q Bank is great for review, but as a cautionary warning, don't get too caught up for all of the number crunching questions. Keep in mind CFAI will test your knowledge if you know the relationships. Their not as concerned about number crunching/plug and chug. I did Q Bank for June and the way they ask stuff is total different then what the acutal exam is.

spartanag07 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am studying for the December exam, and I'm not
> sure how I am supposed to incorporate the Qbank
> into my study plan. Is it better to finish a study
> session and then do the Qbank, or would you
> recommend it immediately after completing a
> reading?

Good thread. I was wondering the exact same, being studying 2 weeks and have yet to incorporate it into testing material. So far just used end of reading review questions. I was going to wait til the end of a SS and then create Q-Bank.

Perhaps after each reading is better. thanks

I used the Schweser Notes for review and did the end of chapter questions from the books. Rarely did I do the LOS questions in Qbank. I mostly made tests for myself that were based upon the entire curriculum or a single subject.

Chuckrox8 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I used the Schweser Notes for review and did the
> end of chapter questions from the books. Rarely
> did I do the LOS questions in Qbank. I mostly
> made tests for myself that were based upon the
> entire curriculum or a single subject.

Were the CFAI books' questions more tricky than Schweser?

No. Personally I thought they were easier but, they are more like what you will see on the actual exam. The Qbank is heavily biased towards quantitative questions. I would definitely recommend doing a lot of the LOS questions from the CFAI books as a supplement to the Qbank or vice versa. I was very surprised to see so many definition type questions on the exam. The Qbank was not all that great in that respect.

返回列表
上一主题:2 Months Now....
下一主题:Breakeven spread analysis