上一主题:Accretion Expense?
下一主题:With less than 12 hrs left...
返回列表 发帖

Preferred way to practice

When doing questions(qbank, Stalla, CFAI or anything else) do you prefer
1) Going through a set of questions like an exam(20, 50, 60 or any amount) and then, when you find out what you got wrong, review the relevant topics.

OR

2) Work each question like homework, looking up formulas and concepts if you can't remember, and working throught them just to review the topics and then use the practice exams only as your exams.

or do you do something else/some combination of techniques?

I set the Qbank to display answer after every question. If I don't understand from the explanation there I'll look in the book

Depending on time availability, I have tried both setting it to display answers and also to not display answers.

Number of questions i have used so far are 30 and 60. 30 kind of worked best for me, as i could take a break.

I am planning to do more than 60 closer to exam date. We should practice sitting through 3 hours straight for exam.

So if you are browsing and get questions wrong are you lloking them up later or going through them like homework.
My basic question is what is more effective. Doing homework or doing multiple "test" situations.
I know it is different for everyone, but I have been out of school a while and am out of practice studying. Also I never really studied in school and now trying to learn this stuff is kicking my butt!!

any input is appreciated

I go through all the qbank questions like a homework, browsing and understanding the solution if I don't know.

Once I finish all, I plan to do all the advanced questions without referring.

To each his own.

返回列表
上一主题:Accretion Expense?
下一主题:With less than 12 hrs left...