上一主题:Interest Payments
下一主题:Inflation Pass Through
返回列表 发帖

Board of director experience

For board of directors, in some questions I found if board of director has multiple years of experience that is considered good but not many years of experience. Does any one know what is the threshold limit for board of director's experience? Whenever I select experience in the answer, answer will be something else but if I select something else answer will be experience will be the answer. Can someone clarify?

I think the question is more geared towards the relationship between board members and management.

For instance if a board member has been on ONE board her whole life, you could assume that she is more sympathetic to the mangers than the shareholders.

If she has been on MULTIPLE boards, it would indicate experience helping out shareholders instead of management.

just my $.02

How about if there is nothing mentioned about how many boards but simply board of director experience then what do you do?

usually, when the question is about their experience, it always states if it's a long time spent on the board of the company or different companies.
If it is 10Y in the same company, that's not good, he could have develop relationship with the management
If it's 10Y in various companies, that good, he knows his job.

If it's just a matter of experience, i woud chose the one with a lot experience

Thanks Miss that's what I did and I got the question wrong, probably I am confused with the verbiage. Question has option, "served on the board for more than ten years". Now does that that imply he has served only on one board because it says "board", not "boards"? I should probably eliminate all other options before thinking about this one but haven't been able to sum all pieces together. Does any one have a list of the qualities?

Thanks Anish!

返回列表
上一主题:Interest Payments
下一主题:Inflation Pass Through