上一主题:AF version 2.0
下一主题:endowment vs foundation
返回列表 发帖

feeling unprepared

i have done all the schweser notes(1-5), practiced all the end of chapter questions(schweser notes) and ethics from text book. Also i have revised the whole book again. I also did one mock paper which was released by CFA institute. Still feeling unprepared because there are a lot of things to retain. Are you guys in the same boat?? Anyways good luck guys!! hope everyone does well in the exam. God Bless!!!!

I subscribe to this belief: I've put in a lot of effort since February when I started studying and have been doing decently on the mock exams. I've read the whole CFA curriculum, done the EOC questions, and have done 4 full mock exams.

I think I'm as prepared as I'm going to be. These last 36 hours...if you stress too much you're likely to just psyche yourself out and that will negate any additional information you try to learn. At least that's how I am.

same here. but hoping for the best... it would suck to fail after all this time that i've put in...

same here, cranking out between 69-73 on my mocks (barely) have dipped 70 twice. wrote my seventh mock and I'm getting nervous

You guys will be fine. The actual test may seem easier than you expect and the chance of passing is relatively high.

Now, those of us in Level II are sweating...

all the best hanky.. i m sure u will do well. It seems like i m the most unprepared guy. All of them have practiced like 4-7 mock papers. I have only studied the whole schweser notes, end of chapter questions and one mock paper.. Hope thats fine... keeping my fingers crossed...

Well, if you won't pass now, manchester, you can always make another attempt in December. (Although I would from personal experience rather suggest June.)

Think over how you will decide when it is time to drop a question and just bubble in some answer at random, because letting go of a problem is also difficult, it's easy to spend too much time on any one question so you'll run out of time at the end. I had 5 minutes to spare when I passed the Level I exam, so there was no question of going over anything at the end.

I've done all the EOC questions, done 4 mocks and have reviewed every question from those mocks and I still feel unprepared. I'm scoring right around 68-72% on my mocks.

I see questions on this board and I'm like "I have no idea what they are talking about or how to solve that."

My thinking is, there is too much possible material to retain all of it. Just remember the main concepts, calculations and I think you'll be sitting for Level II in June.

I'm as prepared as I'm going to be. All I can do at this point is apply the knowledge I've learned and hope to see a 70+ !

At this point there is really nothing much more you can do except glance over a few things just to keep them fresh in your mind.

As much as I hate to admit it, I took the Level 1 exam in December and failed. In December, I did 4 full mock exams and scored between 67-71 on all of them. I felt like I was on the fence.

Since I can't go into too much detail on the questions for December Exam without violating 'the Code,' the real exam is usually a lot easier than the mocks. Significantly easier I would say (look up old threads on here after the exam to see people being like 'oh my god that was soooo easy!' - it's important to remember, however, that regardless of how easy or hard it is, 35-45% will pass) .

You're probably asking why I failed? Well, I spent an enormous amount of time learning the more complicated stuff, repeating it over and over, and paid very little attention to the basics. I scored over 70% in 6 sections, 50-70 in 3 sections, and failed 1 section. I was in band 10 (the highest performing failing band). I seriously think I was a question or two away from passing. It did not feel good - I've pretty much never failed anything in my life (and this is Level 1 for God's sake - wait til 2 comes around)...

I remember while I was working on my Economics degree I felt like the more I studied, the dumber I felt. Finally realized that its a field you can never learn everything in. You'll never 'master' Economics. The more you learn, the more questions you have.

I feel like this information is the same. You can study all you want, but you are still going to feel unprepared. Still going to have issues, they just won't be as basic.

The test will be much easier than you expected. Still not easy by any means, but no need to fret. In reality, it is just a test. Not life or death, if you fail it you can always try again. Just be careful not to screw yourself over. Read each question very carefully, and pace yourself correctly.

Good luck!

返回列表
上一主题:AF version 2.0
下一主题:endowment vs foundation