上一主题:CFAI vs Schweser
下一主题:Guesstimates of discouragement rates for Level 2
返回列表 发帖

How well does your country do?

Hey everyone,

I just sat the lev1 exam and our local cfa society put on drinks for us after the exam. At the start of the drinks, the head of the perspn who was running it said that NZ had a 100% pass rate for level 3 for 4 years in a row and has one of, if not the the highest aggregate pass rate world wide. Was wondering if anybody else got this sort of feedback to establish the trurth behind it...

100% pass rate for four years in a row? Hard to believe. How many L3 candidates are there in NZ?

There were about 40 candidates at my test centre all up (1,2,3) and there is another test center which I know would be much larger than were I was. I'd put the figure on or around 30

With 30 candidates, it *might* be possible that everyone passed, but it still sounds unlikely that this happened for four years in a row. If it's true, hats off to the NZ candidates!

johnnyBuz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Assuming a 50% pass rate, the odds of 10 random
> people all passing is less than 1/10 of a percent.
> The odds of ~30 passing for 4 consecutive years is
> astronomically low if not impossible.

^I like the way this guy thinks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Without American production the United Nations could never have won the war."
-Joseph Stalin, Tehran Conference: 1943

Who cares how everyone else in your country does, it matters how well you did?

As cynical as this sounds, I want everyone here to fail except me so that I have much higher chances in my area Re: opportunities.

If it is too hard, everyone eventually turns their back at it. That would be the end moment of the CFAI. Thus, a mere wish for everyone to fail is just not the best choice to wish. How about wishing that without the CFAI, we still get to the top

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 10:28PM by Drvery.

返回列表
上一主题:CFAI vs Schweser
下一主题:Guesstimates of discouragement rates for Level 2