上一主题:Discuz exam questions in seats after exam a violation?
下一主题:T-Bill Futures vs. Interest Rate Futures
返回列表 发帖

Parting words - tips from outgoing level 3 writers to incoming level 3 writers

I have to admit, I never actively posted on this board. I'm one of the many silent browsers who found some valuable and not-so-valuable advice on this board, but that being said i know that i and many others many not visit this site going forward given that we've completed the program. I thought it would be a nice send off to leave some parting thoughts (advice, general thoughts, or other) about level 3 or the entire program. Hopefully incoming writers can find this information useful

Time: This is the theme for level 3. Appropriate time to study and appropriate time management. Give yourself ample time to study and give yourself ample practice time in exam-like scenarios with real time pressure- it's the closest you can get to the actual exam experience.

Nitty gritty: As fun and as interesting as it is to learn the nitty gritty re such things as commodity futures pricing or immunization theory, this exam was less about the trees and more about the forest. In level 3, this is rewarded less than in the other levels.

AM sets the table, PM brings home the bacon: From what i've heard and seen (in June 10 Lvl 3), the AM has traditionally been the more difficult half (for reasons not surprising). That being said, PM has been the lighter half - you should strive to do very well on the PM; do not overlook the PM part of the exam as it will likely make or break you.

Ethics/GIPS: Easy points. They are giving them to you- you should take what you can get. GIPS- don't overlook the specialty sections such as real estate or VC or your whole focus on this topic could be undermined- it's well worth the ROI to put some time in GIPS (this is your QBank repitition-style learning)

You've come this far: Don't fall into the trap of thinking level 2 was the most difficult and now you're through (level 3 pass rates have continued to decline) - the exam is technically easier, however it's not an easier exam. To borrow the phrase i've seen before 'level 2 is the hardest material, level 3 is the hardest exam' very true

Hold it together: I found studying for level 3 to be the most difficult yet. The time requirements were immense and i'm not getting younger which makes it even more difficult. Perservere, get through this beast and then move on with your life.

Time: This is the theme for level 3. Appropriate time to study and appropriate time management. Give yourself ample time to study and give yourself ample practice time in exam-like scenarios with real time pressure- it's the closest you can get to the actual exam experience. I can't emphasize this enough.

Congratulations to all the successful level 3 writers. Best of luck to those writing in 2011 or beyond.

Thank you and well done!!!

great post, completely agree. way more material to learn at this level, the most difficult exam w/ constructed response and exam questions from planet Mars.

返回列表
上一主题:Discuz exam questions in seats after exam a violation?
下一主题:T-Bill Futures vs. Interest Rate Futures