返回列表 发帖

Need study tips for Level 1 Preparation.

Hi, My name is Praveen and I'm new to this forum... I've registered for December '11 Level 1 Exam. I don't have any experience/exposure to Finance.I have 5 years of work. exp. in a different sector and I planned to do CFA expecting a career shift to the finance industry.

I would like to get your suggestions on how to plan the study effectively. I seem to struggle a bit with my study plan right now. I'm going thru the topics from the CFA books and I've completed only a couple of study sessions till now. I'm finding it difficult to grasp all the concepts given on the CFA books. Could you please let me know the topics for which we need to be fully dependent on the CFA books and the topics for which we can read from Schweser notes?

Could you please help me on how to organize my study plan for the next 3 months? considering there are 170 days to go for the exam, I would want to keep 2 months for revising the topics, working on extra problems from Schweser Q bank and attempting practice exams.

Thanks a lot in advance for you help..

Ok I'll be nice.

For all of L1, the 3rd party providers are more than sufficient. make a schedule, prepare for about 3 weeks of review of practice questions, hit your study targets.

Since you're new, spend some time going through this forum. There are more threads about how to prepare than I can count...

Use Elan. I found them very useful. Are you in india.

I can help you get elan notes if you are in mumbai. Btw I don't work for elan.

Exactly! There's so many on just the first page. There's always the search function too so help yourself.

krazykanuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since you're new, spend some time going through
> this forum. There are more threads about how to
> prepare than I can count...

If you want to break into finance, go back for your MBA in Finance at a top school. Obtaining your CFA will not get you in.

返回列表