返回列表 发帖

Failed L1 once, now onto L2.

Just passed Level 1 on second attempt. Have any of you passed L2 after missing L1? I don't think I took it quite seriously enough, but felt pretty good about my ability once I got some study notes. L2 is significantly harder based on the feedback in the forum here. Have any of you passed L1 on a second attempt and then 1-shot L2?

My words of advice would be to take level 2 twice as seriously as you took your second attempt on level 1. It is a whole new world.

Got it,

Do work.

Kingpin804 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just passed Level 1 on second attempt. Have any
> of you passed L2 after missing L1? I don't think
> I took it quite seriously enough, but felt pretty
> good about my ability once I got some study notes.
> L2 is significantly harder based on the feedback
> in the forum here. Have any of you passed L1 on a
> second attempt and then 1-shot L2?

I failed L1 twice and just passed L2 on my first attempt. L2 is so much more difficult than L1 it's not even funny. If you realize that, put in the time and effort you will do fine. Be sure to complete the CFAI EOC questions. I cannot stress this enough. The Schweser Q-bank is completely and utterly useless for L2. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Did you use the instructional videos from Shweser? I found their Q-Bank really helpful in L1, but I accept L2 as being an entirely different animal. Why would the L2 Q-Bank be uselesss?

i did.

B10 L1 dec '08 came back and passed L1 in June '09 with >70% in every section (notice i didnt say every section except xyz) then passed L2 first attempt in June '10

my mistake in L1 was simply not doing enough questions. questions are the key to passing every level

Kingpin804 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you use the instructional videos from Shweser?
> I found their Q-Bank really helpful in L1, but I
> accept L2 as being an entirely different animal.
> Why would the L2 Q-Bank be uselesss?

The questions in Q-bank for L2 are so much more simplistic than what they are on the exam (or CFAI EOC q's for that matter). Also, they are not in the item set format for the majority. You can create item set-type questions in Q-bank by setting up practice quizzes, but they just aren't close to what you will see on the exam.

I finally had passed L1 using the Q-bank. I learn best by doing problems over and over. And for L1 Q-bank was great. I just didn't think it was nearly as comprehensive or like the exam questions for L2. That's just my opinion...

I used an old copy of the 2009 Schweser videos. They definitely helped on the major topics - FSA and Equity.

m

I failed L1 on my first attempt and then 1-shotted L2.

If you did a business undergrad you probably found L1 easy and L2 not easy because it is new material. I didn't do a business undergrad and the two levels were not that different from my perspective.

If you did a business undergrad and you struggled with L1 you will really struggle with L2. If not then you may not noticed much of a difference.

For me, passing L2 last year was about:

1) practicing pacing to ensure efficient time management on the test; don't let the 120 less questions fool you!

2) knowing the "big guys" (FRA et al) ~cold via a *lot* of item sets (and)

3) know the "small guys" well enough to get 50-70% in practice on average

There is just so much material to cover...gotta go deep on some stuff but don't ignore the smaller sections.

返回列表