返回列表 发帖

Value of CFA

Hi guys,

I am from Singapore and I have passed both Level I & II first time. I am looking forward to taking the level III exam and hopefully get it done first attempt as well. However with Level II in the bag, it does not seem to improve my job applications. In greater detail, I am from the audit industry, trying to pursue my interest in equities research, corporate finance and IB.

I was wondering if the value of CFA is only optimal when all 3 levels are attained? In addition, it appears to me that most banks are always looking for advance degrees and MBAs. I have a degree in Accountancy which often prove too little. I am not from an ivy league or have a first class honours degree.

I am considering a go at a Msc Finance or an MBA coupled with a CFA. Is anyone able to advice me on how to break into the IB industry? A degree with a CFA seems inadequate to break into the industry....

well....Its not necessarily about qualifications...there are music/arts graduates who are in IB without CFA or experience in finance...perhaps you could do an msc then apply for internships and get in that way??

I think the CFA mainly helps when you already are in the IB / investing industry. To break into the industry, a CFA may help but is probably not enough. I think an MSc in Finance or an MBA would certainly improve your prospects.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, August 1, 2011 at 07:32AM by cityboy.

And u may not be able to have relevant experiences to get charter as cfa. I am also thinking about this issue!

CFA L1/L2 could help you break in at the very entry level. At this point I would have to say, networking/MBA may be your only road in, perhaps even taking a pay cut to get an entry level position. Of course you should concurrently work on L3.

返回列表