上一主题:custom fees
下一主题:Pace of December 2011 studying
返回列表 发帖

Length of Study, Level2

For personal reasons (and obvious ones, for that matter), I'm planning on taking as much time as possible to study for L2 and hope to sit in 2013.

Does anyone know how significant the curriculum changes are year-to-year? For example, if I order 2012 materials, how valid will they be for the 2013 exam?

Thanks.

2013? You would have to buy the books from ebay or something otherwise you would have to register for the 2012 exam to receive the materials. The curriculum usually doesn't change materially from year to year, but sometimes the CFAI can throw a little curve ball. This year they included some of the L1 LIFO/FIFO inventory and PPE accounting that wasn't in the curriculum the year before.

Also dropped DOL, DFL and DTL.

Some people can do it in 3 months -

All those trying to pass would appreciate the curve this added as well.

I thought the first deadline for a 'discount' is September 21st...as per CFA site.

2 months, without a job. Everyday MINIMUM 5 hours. Don't read the book, read schweser.. Do some of the EOC question in the book.. Last 2 weeks, start doing the mock exam REPEATEDLY...

I don't like the idea of cramming for 2-3 months straight. It's a lot more pleasant and safer to just study casually for a year or so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Friday, August 5, 2011 at 04:36PM by 99 cannon sloop.

99 cannon sloop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't like the idea of cramming for 2-3 months
> straight. It's a lot more pleasant and safer to
> just study casually for a year or so.

+1

To me, it's not all bout passing the exam at any cost. It's also about what you gain from the materials, literally. Could you do so if cramming in just 2 months. Bottom line it's about preferences and persistence. I believe persistence matters. You'd get what you put in.

maxmeomeo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 99 cannon sloop Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't like the idea of cramming for 2-3
> months
> > straight. It's a lot more pleasant and safer to
> > just study casually for a year or so.
>
>
> +1
>
> To me, it's not all bout passing the exam at any
> cost. It's also about what you gain from the
> materials, literally. Could you do so if cramming
> in just 2 months. Bottom line it's about
> preferences and persistence. I believe persistence
> matters. You'd get what you put in.

This is what I plan to do. I'm going to be starting in a couple of weeks and studying well until the beginning of January. I'll probably have to slow down a bit until March due to work stuff and pick it up again after that.

返回列表
上一主题:custom fees
下一主题:Pace of December 2011 studying