上一主题:LinkedIn group
下一主题:Taking the CFA Level 2 Exam right after college graduation?
返回列表 发帖

Pace of December 2011 studying

I am done with Economics, Derivatives, and Alternative investments. Could somebody please comment on the pace of my studying? I plan to sit for the December 2011 exam.

Your order of preference for topics is beyond my understanding. Why would you choose to study least weighted(important) topic first? I would say get on FSA as soon as you can if you are comfortable with Quants and stats. Otherwise, the very first topic you should focus at this point of time is Quants. Then you can move on in this order: Equity, bonds, corp finance, etc. You can't mess with big guns!

Thanks for replying.. I started with derivatives because it was the thinnest book out of them all. I moved onto economics after that as I understand it intuitively.

I was planning to study Ethics and Quants next. Then reviewing in the order you suggested.

Just done with Ethics and Quant - moving onto Econ, FRA, Equity, Corporate Finance in that order

finished Ethics, Quant, Economics and halfway through FRA

Looking to finish FRA in a week or so. I am following the recommended plan and should have about 2 months for review

why is your name goodwill?

Starting Ethics today.

Finished Quants, Econ, half way through FRA.

But I've been stuck on FRA for quite a while now

Done with Ethics, Quant and half of Econ.

sgupta0827 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your order of preference for topics is beyond my
> understanding. Why would you choose to study least
> weighted(important) topic first? I would say get
> on FSA as soon as you can if you are comfortable
> with Quants and stats. Otherwise, the very first
> topic you should focus at this point of time is
> Quants. Then you can move on in this order:
> Equity, bonds, corp finance, etc. You can't mess
> with big guns!

I agree with Sgupta. There is an important point to know about this exam is that as you go through the curriculum, your brain get tired. So it's better to start with big topics and master them. If I had to set an order, I'll say Ethics as early as possible (even if many suggest to read it at the end) FRA, Quants, FI, Equity, Corp fin, Deriv, PM, AI, Econ

返回列表
上一主题:LinkedIn group
下一主题:Taking the CFA Level 2 Exam right after college graduation?