上一主题:MBA Grad GPA
下一主题:How Far Is Everyone On Their CFAI Reading? - Dec 2011 L1
返回列表 发帖

Screw the 3/3 club, Who's in for the 3/4 club?!

Aiming to pass my L3 on 2nd attempt in 2012...

So who is currently a 3/4 or aspiring to become one?

Band 10 on L3 in 2010. Was lucky enough to pass in 2011 to finish 3/4. I actually found that I was able to learn much more the second time around. I think it can be a blessing in disguise to fail one of the levels, as it allows you to use some of the tools and concepts more fully in your day to day work without focusing on the minutia that is tested on the exams. That being said, it would have been nice to finish 3/3 and not have to study another year!

Band 10 L2 in 2009.

NO EXCUSES

3/4 here, and I agree with the potential "blessing in disguise" theory. I was band 10 last year, and when I started studying the second time around it shocked me how poorly I really understood some of the material. this time I felt as though I really got it, and was able to draw connections throughout the entire curriculum that I simply did not see last year. of course going 3/3 would be great and perhaps it's just human nature to try to look for a silver lining, but I really do feel as though, in the end, I am better off having retaken it. it's not just material I read to take a test; it's stuff I can actually use, and know how to use it.

ill be in the 3/5 club

band 10'd L1 once, passed L2 first shot, band FML L3 this year...

L1 - 2008
L2 - Gave it in 2009 3 days after my marriage.Failed Band 9. Marriage was a good excuse to give to my friends and relatives but actually I thought I was quite well prepared for the exam and still failed. Passed in 2010
L3 - 2011

L1-Passed December 08
L2-Passed June 09
L3-June 2010 (Fail Band 10)
L3-Passed June 2011

I'm in the odd year club too.

L1 - Passed December 07
L2 - Passed June 09
L3 - Failed June 10 (Band 6)
L3 - Passed June 11

Probably should have skipped 2010!

wacc_attack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> L1-Passed December 08
> L2-Passed June 09
> L3-June 2010 (Fail Band 10)
> L3-Passed June 2011

wow, this is me too exactly. every detail. freaky.
you're my CFA soulmate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, August 22, 2011 at 02:27PM by dpcfa.

返回列表
上一主题:MBA Grad GPA
下一主题:How Far Is Everyone On Their CFAI Reading? - Dec 2011 L1