上一主题:I just re-registered...
下一主题:Started This Weekend!
返回列表 发帖

I do not know as to which is the most difficult LOS in level 2 , but I can assure u it should be from Quants section.

difficult is relative

Quant is rough, IMO. Aside from memorization of pension accting and intercorporate investmentments I didn't find any particular topic that difficult. Howeever, the challenge lies in the vastness of information and time it takes to get a firm grasp of all the concepts, in addition to questions posed in vignette format which adds another layer of difficulty. Given 5-6 months of consistent study you'll have reasonable shot at passing. I put in about three solid months and feel 50-50 on chances of passing, had I started earlier I'd feel quite confident. Put in the time, don't get bogged down, and do all CFAI EOC questions, several time for key areas.

I found the following difficult:
-Time series analysis in quant (only b/c I didn't feel it was worth memorizing the vast amount of info for at most 6 questions on the exam!)
-Exchange rate topics in economics (esp. triangular arbitrage)

Everything else wasn't that difficult after you put in enough time. The two topics I spent the most time on though were pensions and intercorp investments in FRA just b/c FRA was so heavily weighted in the exam and you were sure to see these topics on the exam.

derivatives, imo. time series is easy once you have a good set of notes to work off.

currency swaps are nasty cousins.

Study Sessions 1-18

convertible bonds can be a pain

my opinions:

-time series in Quants
-intercompany investment in FSA
-earnings quality
-derivatives, eg: swap, swaption
-CMO

in fact, actually really many difficulities~

返回列表
上一主题:I just re-registered...