上一主题:Exchange Traded Debt
下一主题:求助!!护照问题!急!!!!
返回列表 发帖

How I passed the series 7 with an 89%

-being literate really helped.

/ in other news I also dressed myself this morning

I never knew how audacious it was when people were boasting about passing this exam, but now that I've been through it its incredible anyone thinks this is anything more than a minor feat. I studied for a weekend and that was prob a weekend too much.

Any insight to the Series 66? ~20 hours, too much?

And GL to the everyone taking the CFA this summer

cool story bro

walk in to the 66 and take it, you don't need any prep.

Ok, now that you'll need to wait 30 days until you give another shot at 66 I'll give you some advice: it's easy, boring as hell, all law with minimal calculations to makeup for the lack of law knowledge. You will need to read the material and do practice questions. You will forget 80% of the information the moment you walk out of the exam.

The 7 is easy, but more difficult than many make it out to be. I did pass it with a week of doing practice questions, but it wasn't a cakewalk like I expected. I actually kind of liked 7 and the material.

66 blows and very glad to have it done. I did practice questions for two nights and realized it was a bad decision to go to the exam with such little prep. I luckily scored a 76 with a 75 passing. I'd rather take the 63 since I believe it has some mix of quant questions which help the lack of law knowledge.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 07:46PM by Danny Boy.

hazyskunk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> -being literate really helped.
>
> / in other news I also dressed myself this
> morning
>
> I never knew how audacious it was when people were
> boasting about passing this exam, but now that
> I've been through it its incredible anyone thinks
> this is anything more than a minor feat. I studied
> for a weekend and that was prob a weekend too
> much.
>
> Any insight to the Series 66? ~20 hours, too
> much?
>
> And GL to the everyone taking the CFA this summer

Dammit. I really wanted this to be serious.

While I do not think it's neccessary to brag about passing the Series 7, I was very relieved to get it over with. I wouldn't say it is a very difficult exam, but there were plenty of questions that I just said WTF when I read them. Or was stumped between two choices. I feel the people who walk around saying it was easy do other AF members a disservice, possibly causing them to underestimate the exam and fail. It may be true that you passed it with only studying for a weekend, but for the great majority of us, the test will require significantly more preparation. I am not saying CFA type preparation, but for me it took several practice exams and studying the answers before I was at a comfortable margin going into the test.

Also, anytime you have a significant number of questions it opens up the opportunity for mental exhaustion or simple and stupid errors. People who will be taking the exam come from all different backgrounds with all different levels of intellegence, memory, problem solving etc.

In addition, I feel there is added pressure because it's really not an exam you want to fail. Of course, no exam is, but 2/3 people fail CFA exams so it's not that big of a deal. But depending on your role, failing the Series 7 may be cause for embarassment, and dissapointment from superiors and other team members. That added pressure of "I better not F this up" is quite another wrench into the mix - kinda like draining a three while you are guarded at the buzzer is probably alot easier because you arent thinking about it than making a steal and being uncontested for a layup (might think about it, screw it up, and blow the whole NCAA tourney for your team which hasn't made it there in the last 40 years...but I digress)..

My Aesop's Fable moral of the story: Take the Series 7 seriously, put your time in, pass it easily. Don't try to more or less wing it.

hazyskunk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> -being literate really helped.
>
> / in other news I also dressed myself this
> morning

thanks for being honest, people need to know the truth.

The OP reads like: "hey I passed the 7 with an 89%, it was no big deal and I didn't put in any time, but I just wanted to let you guys know how smart I am". Aaaand "oh, i studied for a weekend but in reality I should not have studied at all because I'm so smart".

I passed with a 93% but I never considered posting about it. I'm a little weary of people posting something to the effect of: "yeah xyz exam was nothing because im so baller".

In short, the OP added no value with his post.

返回列表
上一主题:Exchange Traded Debt
下一主题:求助!!护照问题!急!!!!