上一主题:Accounting for Business Combinations
下一主题:How To Recruit The Perfect Hire
返回列表 发帖

Tech Savvy Analysts

How do analysts & prospectives see social media slowly seeping into their day to day work. With recent Insider trading bust using social media to pump & dump(I am not really familiar with case properly.Maybe someone in here can share more light on it), how does the street look upon social media in general.

Say how analysts in here regularly tweet(minimum 5 tweets per day) or is tweeter blocked by tech guys... Do the quant tech savvy guys do it?
Any users of social photo sharing like instagram here? I presume the street being a bit conservative does look down upon someone sharing pics all over(It could also be looked other way as personal branding for the gutsy ones looking for an exi op). I can understanding sharing pics while in dingy strip joint or after work drinking hole isn′t the best way....but overall how many in here regularly use it? Anyone tried the new one, Color?

How do prospective analysts see this? Will they conform to a street still not willing to open up?

What about txts? How many txt regularly here? Are there private pools(anon) by streeters sharing jokes, street lingo, tips etc.

Cheers all.

bump. I am surprised there aren′t any techville analysts here!!!

dude what exactly are you asking? one sentence.

i don't know about you but i'm not even a ss analyst and i'm in social media blackout. i'm sure that tweeting about a stock you may hold or tweeting something that doesn't make sense (i.e. for secret code purposes) would not meet compliance rules and would automatically result in discipline. everything you publically produce must go through compliance...

Yeah, you're begin vague. To answer your questions, I think Wall Street professionals try to concentrate on their work, not wasting their time tweeting random crap. Personally, I don't like Twitter at all.

Yonis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
or is tweeter blocked by tech
>

this.

yeah its quite simple. the purpose of an analyst is to provide information at cost. to tweet is to give away for free. a tweeting analyst is an oxymoron.

follow my daily pics @highlyillegalinsidertrading4life

why do you guys waste time on idiots that call it "tweeter"?

color goes to 0. both apps (market/app store) are rated like 2/5 right now.

justin88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why do you guys waste time on idiots that call it
> "tweeter"?

+1

返回列表
上一主题:Accounting for Business Combinations
下一主题:How To Recruit The Perfect Hire