返回列表 发帖

Schweser's WindsorWeek Review.

Dear All,
I am currently registered to take CFA Level 3 in 2011. I was wondering if anyone here have had experience with Schweser’s WindsorWeek for Level 3? If you have, your input in the course’s effectiveness in helping you prepare for the actual exam will be greatly appreciated. Additionally, I did not find Schweser advertising the cost of this program on their website yet, would you also advice the total cost involved (excluding transportation to and from Windsor) for this program.
Thanks.

I did DFW and it was great. Very helpful.

Did you feel like most people were well prepared and that the level of instruction was fairly advance? Or did it feel like you were just watching the video lectures again for the first time.
I imagine that these things are usually taught down to the lowest common denominator and that there are a lot of last minute people trying to game the test. I plan on already knowing the material by next May and would want such a course to focus on a really advanced stage of practice. Not seeing the same schweser classes I’ve already seen.
What were your thoughts on DFW in this respect?

I was at Windsor Week this last May (Level 2, though). It was a great experience, and I learned a ton, but it serves a purpose that many may not prefer.
I would recommend WW to be the kick-off to your review phase. You sit in class for ten to tweleve hours per day and go over every study session very quickly. It is not in-depth, advanced material. It’s a very quick review of the key material. There is just too much material to do any advanced work.
It’s best if you’ve gone over all the material at least once. You don’t have to be comfortable with everything, but you should be familiar with all the topics.
Hope that helps…

i was at Windsor week for both level 1 and level 2, and relied on Schweser exclusively for the studies. I found Windsor week to be extremely benefical, not only to get away from work and all that staff. It also helps to cement the knowledge, and make a couple of study friends along the way. Plus, it was a huge confidence boost for me personally… however, you should be very familiar with the material before you go as otherwise you would be better off simply watching the videos at home…

Wonderful advice, guys, thank you. How much did it cost you, without transport to and from Windsor, to attend the entire program?
Thanks

The DFW seminar was great. I did it for Level II and III. I know several other people that have gone and were also successful. The instructors there are great and focus on one thing: passing the tests.

返回列表