上一主题:One more currency sensitivity question
下一主题:Schweser Vol 1 PE3 PM
返回列表 发帖

Withdrawal from Level 1

I was hoping that you guys may be able to help me with my predicament.
As we approach the twoweek mark for the Level 1 exam, I’ve covered all of the material, and been doing schweser mock exam questions (and the free CFAi sample, of course). I am usually getting correct answers in the midtohigh 60% range across all topics.
My problem is that I (also being in my last semester of university) was expecting to have these last three weeks free to do nothing but CFA prep. Unfortunately, a flurry of assignments, papers and presentations stole last week from me, and have made it clear that this week will be no better.
Also, I have 6 other exams in the first two weeks of December, that are going to require quite a bit of prep time.
My feeling is that I need at least another say… 20 hours of prep to have a serious chance at passing the CFA exam (I feel like I have a solid understanding of the material, but need more practice questions). I know that investing that many hours is going to have dire consequences for my regular course.
I realized it was going to be an aggressive choice to do the CFA along with 6 courses.
My questions are:
1) What chance of passing would you assign to me if I am consistently around 65% on practice questions right now? (I am guessing less than 25%)
2) What is the benefit of “withdrawing” from this exam? I see there are withdrawal forms, but no refunds, of course.
3) Is it $600 to reregister for the June exam? No additional book fees?
4) What would you do if you were me? Invest the hours to take a serious stab at it, or maintain the university grades?

if I were you, I will keep going and do my BEST!!!!…. the finish line is ahead!!!

1) If you study hard from now until the test, 70%
2) None, and I don’t think you should anyway. There’s no harm in taking the test. You lose one Saturday but what if you pass? You’d save yourself a lot of trouble in June 09.
3) There will be additional book fees as the new curriculum will be out for 2009
4) Study, stop worrying, and take the friggin test.

decide about whether 2009 exam would be needed after you get the results in Jan. Do not even think about the results (tough to do, but has to be done) up until then.
additionally, if ever that fail happens, you do not know what kind of a headstart you have because you have taken the exam once and gotten used to the kind of questions they do ask, and how they ask them.
I know since, having personally gone thro’ a June 2007 L1 failure myself.

Yeah, I’m almost certainly going to take the test. Even though it requires some travel, it will only be taking, at most 24 hours from me.
My problem is that I honestly can’t dedicate any time this week to the CFA. I’ve got two assignments (which weren’t on my course outlines, so I hadn’t added to my study calendar until last week) and three projects (which were, but they are group projects, so the progress of my group is the limiting factor) due next week.
My Google calendar is quite full up to the 27th.
So then my real question is: how much time should I dedicate, in that next period, to studying for the CFA exam vs. my other 6 exams?
I think it’s only appropriate to allocate 3 hours to each of those 6 exams in that period to ensure a ‘reasonable’ mark in them. So that leaves me with about 20 or so hours to allocate.
On one hand, I could allocate them to my finals. This is tempting because, I’m teetering on an A average right now, and would really like to be able to finish with this. I have two classes in particular that, without an excellent final performance, I won’t get an A in.
And on the other hand, the CFA is tempting because each hour increases my chance of passing. But am I that close to passing?
Anyway, I shouldn’t be wasting this time writing it all out (although it does force me to look at it in rational terms…)
Why does a withdrawal option exist at all for the CFA program?

返回列表
上一主题:One more currency sensitivity question
下一主题:Schweser Vol 1 PE3 PM