上一主题:Securities Accounting
下一主题:Fixed Income Question Please explain in simple terms
返回列表 发帖

To Schweser, or not to Schweser?...

Here is my current situation, any feedback would be most helpful.
I have been studying for about 4 months now. I started my reviews in September, and started to read the main books in Mid October. After many weeks of pumping out as much as possible, I was able to get through reading everything twice, (once to get it in my head, the second time to clarify some issues). After that, I was able to go over all of the questions and focus on some parts which I was having trouble. Having taken my time at some critical points, I was able to finally grasp some difficult issues. Recently I figured out those marathon tax questions which involve several long calculations, and I FINALLY was able to grasp how to recalculate Beta if you include pension assets and liabilities (I missed my stop on the subway coming home I was so engrossed in my concentration, but It was one of those “oh…NOW I GET IT” moments.
Now, am still going to study because I want this to be the last CFA exam I ever write, but my brain needs a rest before I resume reviewing again. The question is, should I get the Schweser notes? I really just want the Q Bank and the practice exams, I dont care to read the books because I actually find the main reading clearer and more interesting Here are some thoughts
-I dont want to pay a few hundred dollars
-Schweser notes are dry as a bible
-Can I buy mock exams seperately?
-is the Q bank really worth it? I find sometimes that it is the same questions repeated several times. In addition, how accurate is it for the actual exam questions.
-I find that the Secret Sauce is a good review, but that can be bought separate
Your feedback would be most helpful. I wish everyone wisdom and strengh going forwards.

I passed Level III last year using CFAI texts and Qbank, and I thought that Qbank for Level III was terrible and a complete waste. The questions (even the ‘Hard’ ones) weren’t difficult and certainly didn’t help me understand the material any better. Maybe (big maybe) the only area Qbank was useful was the sections in CFAI texts that didn’t have end of reading questions. For Level III your primary focus should be on how to survive the AM section… drill on as many (relevant) essay questions as possible, you passed Level II so you can obviously get through item sets.

返回列表
上一主题:Securities Accounting
下一主题:Fixed Income Question Please explain in simple terms