返回列表 发帖

Mock exam shock !

I’ve been studying for quite some time with the Schweser material, and doing fairly well as of late, but I took the mock exam this morning and found 10 questions out of 10 that were absolutely not covered in the Schweser material. This was a bit of a shock seeing as most say the Schweser covers all relevant material, I would understand if 1 or 2 questions arent covered, but almost 10% is pretty bad.
Anyone have any thoughts on this ? I think i’ll be stick to the cfa texts for level 2

Just out of curiousity what were the broad topics not coveredn in Shweser b/c I have only been using shweser and like yourself doing well as of late but what you just said is kind of scary?

They were small pieces in each, one from corp finance on valuing BA’s/Creidt lines etc….
one in Econ on
some in FSA
Anyone who studied Schweser exclusively last year had this issue on the actual exam ? I’ve heard time and time again Schweser misses very very little and that it would be immaterial on the exam.
1 or 2 questions in fine but this is crazy…….

a lot of the questions in the CFA books appear to be long drawn out essay questions which is great for a thourough understanding of the material but I dont have the time to go through all of those. I did see and have done several of the mutliple choice questions labeled CFA meaning actual questions from past years but what would you recomend, taking the sample test on the CFA website and then the mock exams? I know they give you one sample test and then I think you buy the mock exams is that correct?

I wrote the exam already in June and found very little if none that I have not seen at all. I remember that Mock 2 last year shocked me as well.

That’s strange, I honestly thought i was writing the wrong exam, but after searching the texts I found all of the material they were testing on.
Did you pass ? If so can you comment on the actual test relative to the mocks ? Any noticeable differences or pretty much bang on ?

jonnyc:
a lot of people who passed level 1 said schweser was more than enough. and most of them took mock exam before the actual test and they were not shocked. plus thos practice test and mock exam ask same questions, they do not change questions, therefore, those are the same questions that people use schweser took and none of them mention such a thing. use the search function and read their posts for june 08 exam. Plus can you be more specific on what topics you thought were not covered by schweser.
thanks

返回列表